DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    I was hoping to find more examples in the Magic Items table sections that would allow you to do something like generate a treasure, but the most it actually does is allow you to roll for a single magic staff or magic ring you might find. That seemed extremely limited and I was going to wait to see if one of the books like the GameMastery Guides provided that level of detail.

Blog Entries
    I was looking at the same thing, Doug and at least the Core Rulebook tables are too vague to build any "official" generation system. Even Paizo doesn't have any, the ones out there are community-built.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpariah View Post
    Wandering Monsters by Terrain Type
    The standard 13 encounter tables from the PF Bestiary are in the FG Bestiary module. https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...terTables.html
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I was looking at the same thing, Doug and at least the Core Rulebook tables are too vague to build any "official" generation system. Even Paizo doesn't have any, the ones out there are community-built.
    The old 3.5 tables are pretty robust. Why not include them? They're OGL. There are lots of good random generators out there for free, but one that made parcels would be worth it.

Frankly they should just blatantly copy the 5e tables, "Pathfinderize" them, and change them enough to not be infringement. That would be an awesome product worth buying.

We're talking about official Paizo products here (at least that is the title and intent of this thread). For these products all Smiteworks can do is replicate the original Paizo product.

And no one should ever "blatantly copy" other non OGL material for distribution. If you change them enough to avoid infringement then you'll more than likely be creating them pretty much from scratch anyway - and maybe even making them less useful as the cool stuff from the original isn't being used. Best looking for ways to use OGL material (which any community member can do and publicly distribute) or look to get an agreement with the end publisher for an official release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Maybe Paizo needs to get on top of making some content that could help FG DM's more then. Right now you can almost randomly generate an entire campaign with 5e's massive amount of FG tables. Anything much less than that is just going to make Paizo look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpariah View Post
    Right now you can almost randomly generate an entire campaign with 5e's massive amount of FG tables. Anything much less than that is just going to make Paizo look bad.
    This is just a difference between what's been published by different publishers. There is a massive amount of Paizo Pathfinder material in general, with some that could be argued make WotC look bad, and vice versa. Different systems, different publishers - if you try to compare one to the other you'll always see differences. Does it make one publisher look bad compared to another? Well, I would imagine that is all in the eye of the beholder(TM). The example you give goes way back to the original AD&D DMs Guide that had random dungeon etc. tables in it. Paizo obviously made a decision not to include such "stuff" in their core rulebook (which covers both player and GM "stuff"), which is bulging at the seems with lots of data and weighs in at 574 pages! Subsequent Paizo products add in various tables/design practices for the GM. As Doug mentions - do you have any examples of Paizo products that contain cool tables/design processes that would be good to add into FG? No comparisons/ideas from other, non Paizo products please! Thanks.

Doug, for Pathfinder there is a much more comprehensive random treasure builder in the appendices of Ultimate Equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTroll View Post
    Doug, for Pathfinder there is a much more comprehensive random treasure builder in the appendices of Ultimate Equipment.
    Thanks, I knew there was one somewhere!

If that set of charts was put into FG and made one click parcels, it would be pretty epic.

Thread Information