DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starship Campaign Logs

Hello there FG members and future gamers,

I wanted to share with the community our game session logs so that you can peek inside someone else's game, see how we use Fantasy Grounds, get some input from you or perhaps just entertain you with our story.

Our game is NOT D&D. It is a science-fiction setting with a small crew aboard a trade ship getting into whatever trouble they can find. The universe has been almost destroyed long ago by a terrible AI virus (ala the Traveller setting), plunging the last few regions of humanity to plunder the cities on forgotten worlds while trying to survive from day to day.

The rulesystem is a custom one developed over several years playing many different systems. To read the logs below just know that it is d100 based with low rolls being good. Units of success are good and failures are bad. Note that Fantasy Grounds logs d100's as 2d10 but they really are rolling d100 in game. The logs below have not been rewritten, only formatted a bit to allow for paragraphs and some chapter headings.

Sample character screenshots and more setting details can be found here on a thread looking for players.

The players include myself as GM, an old friend of mine, a stranger who joined us from the FG forums and another perfect stranger who bought FG on faith just to play with us (which still astounds me).

The cast includes:

Alexei: Pilot and Engineer, good spirited.
    Gabriel: Muscle, tough and to the point.
    Martin: Sniper, former marine, always trying to be one step ahead of the game.
    Jace: NPC Support engineer and reserve pilot, young and ****y
    Gram: NPC Medic and Scientist, older woman rarely concerned with the bigger picture.

Please post comments and suggestions.

Thank you,

Tom / Doc4
    [email protected]

SESSION #1

Here is log from Session #1 on 10.25.05 The only starting details the players had is what the log shows. They were thrown into the fire right from the start.

Chapter 1 “Would you like to see tomorrow?”
    Chapter 2 “They've got grenades!”
    Chapter 3 “Why do I have a feeling that this job is something I'm going to want to say no to?”
    Chapter 4 "Looks like a welcoming planet"
    Chapter 5 “This place doesn't look too welcoming”

LOG

Tom / Doc4
    [email protected]

I really want to read those logs... but then I'm going to want to play.

We just recently saw "Serenity" and liked it so much we bought the dvd collection of the tv show "Firefly" which we had never heard of (but the movie is based off of). Great stuff.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    We just recently saw "Serenity" and liked it so much we bought the dvd collection of the tv show "Firefly" which we had never heard of (but the movie is based off of). Great stuff.
    Really? You're going to really enjoy the dvds. Hopefully the unexpected success of the dvd sales and the movie will bring back the show in some form, whether it be more movies or the resurrection of the tv show.
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

SESSION #2

Here is the log from Session #2 on 11.01.05

Entering the remote facility on the frozen world, the crew is caught off guard by the unexpected. However, once everything is sorted out...the unexpected finds them.

Chapter 6 “Sounds like comms are breaking up.”
    Chapter 7 “We need help. Everyone to control. Now!”
    Chapter 8 “Hold on, this could be tricky.”

LOG #2

Tom / Doc4
    [email protected]

Wow... those logs are quite good. Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking forward to the next ones!

rv

Thank you, Rich. I wasn't sure anyone at all was checking these out. Feedback is always appreciated.

Our next session is tomorrow, so another chat log should be coming in a few days.

Tom / Doc4

SESSION #3

Here is the log from Session #3 on 12.06.05

The crew of the Asterion fight their way out of the icy crevase. After handling a simple delivery, they set out for the Ruins. This region of space is made up of the hundreds of star systems destroyed by the collapse teaming with AI infected vessels, complete lawlessness and other unknown horrors.

Chapter 9 “All altitude gone all advantage spent.”
    Chapter 10 "So how does this make me money?.”
    Chapter 11 "Reset system?"

LOG #3

Tom / Doc4
    [email protected]

SESSION #4

Here is the log from Session #4 on 12.13.05

An old monorail car takes the salvagers closer to the pulse generator, a technological relic that they seek. But they knew going in this wasn't going to be your standard salvage. Nothing comes easy when you're out in the Ruins of space.

Chapter 12 “A fairly harmless looking robot down below.”
    Chapter 13 "I think it may be time for a strategic withdrawal.”

LOG #4

Tom / Doc4
    [email protected]

Thanks for posting more!

Doc... how long does it take for you to go though one of your games?

rv

Thread Information