DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Module sticky?

Module sticky?

Hey all!

I made a nifty little module that I want to share with the community and I have been told it will work with any ruleset based on coreRPG. Now, over in my homeland (the 5e forum space) there is a sticky for community modules, but I don't see one here for core RPG? Where is the best spot to post a thread with my module so everyone knows they can use it too (and not just 5e guys like me)?

Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Oh I saw that thread, but unlike the 5e sticky it doesn't mention modules at all, -and I didn't think I saw modules listed in post #1, just extensions?

I might be wrong? I'll go peek again

There's never been a CoreRPG module sticky as modules are usually a bunch of system specific data, so rarely cover all RPG systems built on CoreRPG. There's never been a need for a CoreRPG sticky thread before. That doesn't mean that there won't be one created...

@JimSocks what does your module do? Maybe post a thread for your module and we'll link it to the relevant place/s.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok!

The module is a collection of random generators. One TEENY portion of it gives random encounters populated with 5e monsters, so that would be of no use to other systems, but the rest runs completely self-contained on tables, templates, and included items.

Here is the link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...782#post317782

Someone commented that it may work just fine for other systems aside from the encounter bit in the Side Quest Generator, so I put a disclaimer on that part saying so.

Let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Here is the link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...782#post317782

Someone commented that it may work just fine for other systems aside from the encounter bit in the Side Quest Generator, so I put a disclaimer on that part saying so.

Let me know what you think!
    Thanks for posting the link. The module is currently tagged for the 5E ruleset only, so can't be opened in anything else. You can edit the module definition.xml file and change <ruleset>5E</ruleset> to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>

There's still quite a bit in there that relies on links to 5E modules, anyone not running in 5E is going to get frequent messages regarding links to 5E modules not being loaded. But I like what you've done.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Oh I saw that thread, but unlike the 5e sticky it doesn't mention modules at all, -and I didn't think I saw modules listed in post #1, just extensions?

I might be wrong? I'll go peek again
    Sorry Jim, I was in a hurry when I read your initial post - my bad
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz