Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedyn View Post
    Looks like fun!

I noticed that some of those assets weren't included with the original LMoP adventure in the starter set. Are all the pictures of Klarg, dungeon maps, etc included with the FG version of the module? If so that would be good value.
    Don't know, but will try to find out from the DM...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    The Green Dragon Inn makes an appearance!
    Love it ... wish I had thought about it!

Updates from the session I missed?!

More screen shots from a recent session--with another session to come tomorrow night!

Our heroes have fun facing foes in a lair of red cloaked bandits. One of our number was sliced to shreds...

Earth, approximately 250 million light years away from the constellation of Kasterborus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    One of our number was sliced to shreds...
    HOWEVER, the fallen monk Grimaldi was resurrected by the party's prayers to Oskar's deity. It's a Berronar Truesilver Miracle! All the goblins shout "BARNAR BARNAR!" It's a complicated story...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedyn View Post
    Looks like fun!

I noticed that some of those assets weren't included with the original LMoP adventure in the starter set. Are all the pictures of Klarg, dungeon maps, etc included with the FG version of the module? If so that would be good value.
    I don't get on here much, sorry for the delayed answer.

Klarg's picture was the default 'Bugbear' picture that was provided in the LMoP module. The party, at the time, didn't know what a bugbear really was, so I changed the label so that the players could see 'Klarg' and how different he was from the other goblins.

Individual pics of NPCs aren't really included. If you decide that this is something that you want to provide for your players then you would have to do some homework on your own and prep the pics to an easy to go to folder, or link them in your DM notes, etc.

The major dungeon maps are included and they have been altered to reflect the 5'x5' squares useable by PCs. I know that in the maps shown in the Princes of the Apocalypse book are all on a 10'x10' scale but in the FG version they've been altered to fit within the 5'x5' square. Much easier to incorporate with your stock adventure encounters and dungeon crawls.

You will need to have a library of random maps for your go to encounters.

***spoiler***

One example is that In Phandelver, there is a brewhouse in Phandelver that acts as a hangout for the Redbrands. It will most likely become an encounter, but there is no stock map provided to run this scenario. Also, traveling and random encounters will probably require the DM to have some stock maps to go to.

It doesn't take much and if you don't have the time to make specific maps then a quick google search or Pinterest search will provide you with gobs of alternatives.

I'm still pretty much an apprentice DM with respect to FG. I have several players that are much more familiar with FG and I draw from them. We don't have the fastest paced game, but I don't think I keep the party waiting too long when they decide to follow an errant lead or decide to do the unexpected, like have a throw down in the middle of the street just because.
    Last edited by Hossman; May 18th, 2017 at 17:26.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hossman View Post

You will need to have a library of random maps for your go to encounters. ...
    There are community maps available for most of the unmapped scripted encounters here; https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...cussionID=4700

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There are community maps available for most of the unmapped scripted encounters here; https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...cussionID=4700
    Brilliant! Thanks!

Another screen shot from our most recent episode of Lost Mines. Here, the group parlays with an eviiiiiil mage who had decided to surrender. What was he up to? And why wouldn't he agree to be kept at the bottom of a dry well for safekeeping? Pesky, difficult to please evil mage...

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Earth, approximately 250 million light years away from the constellation of Kasterborus
    After a short summer recess we're back at Hossman's campaign! The party finally discovered the location of Cragmaw Castle and have begun their assault on the goblin horde.

Last edited by Raz_Kabooz; October 20th, 2019 at 14:18.

Thread Information