STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Great stuff, thanks for your work on this and making it available to the rest of us!

thanks!

There's more on the way!

I'm going to have a look tonight. It sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing the work.

Color me stupid but how do I use this?

For example if I want to generate a medium poor merchant what exactly do I do? I've been playing with it but can't figure it out.

If you go to the story templates in the module then click on one, and click generate

For example - Tiny Rich Merchant - when you click the generate button, it creates an entry in your Story Folder - which you can open and use or copy

Hope that helps
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Mavrick nailed it! Thanks

Danimal66: The whole mod is intended to be used from the table category named "01. Content Generator"

If you click on the drop-down list inside your tables window, you should see this category right at the top.

Inside the category is a handy reference for every generator the mod contains. If you wish to generate a tiny poor shop, you will open the handy list of merchant generators, click on tiny poor shop, and then click the generate button at the bottom of that window as Maverick explained.

Pretty soon I will be updating this mod with a story entry containing all of the data from post number one in this thread, as well as some "how do I use this?" explanations.

Jim

How do you get something like the a random tavern into DOE:Locations - It doesn't seem to allow me to drag and drop from the Generated Tavern in Story- to the DOE:Locations / Building

Does it need to go somewhere else ?

Mav
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

So the only part you can just drag/drop into DOE: Locations is the shop inventory of items.

The rest you'll need to enter into the shop manually (like shopkeeper name, shop name, description, item markups, etc.)

So in essence, the generator makes you a fully-fleshed out shop complete with what items they have for sale, and you can use this to populate a shop in DOE: Locations with whatever data you like.

The generated inventory is my favorite part though, because DOE: Locations let's the PCs actually shop in it and it does all the behind the scenes magic for you.

Thank you very much for this mod.. I really enjoy using it in my campaigns. I see I can go in and adjust the dice used to generate items in the inventory of the stores. I was wondering how would I go about adding a column to the generation table that would specifically generate a number of basic healing potions, much like it does rations. I would want it like a 1d4 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_carbomb View Post
    Thank you very much for this mod.. I really enjoy using it in my campaigns. I see I can go in and adjust the dice used to generate items in the inventory of the stores. I was wondering how would I go about adding a column to the generation table that would specifically generate a number of basic healing potions, much like it does rations. I would want it like a 1d4 or something like that.
    Without looking at the actual thing you are talking obout in a table you use [1d4x][tablename] to roll 4 times on the table. In a table row you do [1d4x] Potion and drag the healing potion and drop it on the left of the row. If you set the table output to parcel it will generate the parcel for you. More information on tables here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information