DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Temple of Elemental Evil Conversion

Am I wasting my time? I am halfway through converting/creating the complete ToEE adventure for 5e and turning into a FG mod.

1. I am wasting my time doing this?
    2. Will I find players that would want to play this old school classic?
    3. Am I breaking any sort of copyright?
    4. Am I wasting my time?

Martin

Don't know if you are wasting your time, but as long as you keep it private I am pretty sure its not breaking copyright. You just can't share it or try to sell it.

Blog Entries
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Just keep it to yourself for your use and "no".
    4. See 1.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    I know a bunch of classic modules have had conversations made that are available on the DMsGuild. Not sure if these have or not, but might be worth you checking them out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Martin153 - simple test. Stop converting - if you are half way through you have oodles of content already.
    Export it into a module and open in a new campaign and start a group.
    You will find players.

Blog Entries
    Martin, I have put a lot of work into something similar but not for 5e. If you want some tips of where to break up your work into chunks, feel free to pm me.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Martin, I have put a lot of work into something similar but not for 5e. If you want some tips of where to break up your work into chunks, feel free to pm me.
    Someday I'd like to talk to you about advice on doing this especially if you did it for C&C.

Always loved playing this module. We never got too far though. Think 2nd and touching on 3rd barely.

Follow up on this topic. I always wanted to run the Temple of Elemental Evil T1-4 modules again because my 80's group got wiped on the Hydra. Never completed it. I would like to do it on here in AD&D but after taking a few college courses I realized it is way to much a monumental task. Anyone hear of a rumor if any from Fans of FG or from Wizards of the Coast 5e every going to release this for purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    Follow up on this topic. I always wanted to run the Temple of Elemental Evil T1-4 modules again because my 80's group got wiped on the Hydra. Never completed it. I would like to do it on here in AD&D but after taking a few college courses I realized it is way to much a monumental task. Anyone hear of a rumor if any from Fans of FG or from Wizards of the Coast 5e every going to release this for purchase?
    I think the closest you'll get to this in 5e is the "Elemental Evil" adventure? I've been working on this off and on between my other project and have all the "text" for the adventure/rooms in FG. T1/T2, hommlet/moathouse/dungeon/nulb/temple upper areas fully runnable so far. It's probably about a months work to get it into FG if you do it yourself. Mine you that's for AD&D Core... tho I suspect it's not much different than 5e except for the added conversion you'd need to run.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Princes of the Apocalypse in the 5E "version" of this. But it's not a conversion, it's a new adventure where once again the elemental cults resurface.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=WOTC5EPOTA

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information