DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there a way to stop half square movement?

I am so lost as to how to stop half square movement, is there a option somewhere to shut it off? sorry I am sure its been covered, but man I am lost trying to find it.

It is needed for creatures/effects that span multiple squares, so you can't turn it off without changing the base FG image control definition.

An extension would have to be created that changed the <snapsquare > setting to "center" the default is "vertexandcenter" See the "Definition" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...cp#setGridSnap

In the new v3.2.2 CoreRPG XML specifications the imagecontrol is defined in the common\template_records.xml file in the <template name="image_record_step"> template. Adding <snapsquare>center</snapsquare> to this template should change the snap position to just the center. The thing I'm not sure of is whether this only snaps to the center of the square or to the center of the lines too. Note that this will mean that large creatures that span multiple square (10 feet, 20 feet) will not be able to be positioned correctly as they rely on snapping to the vertex at the middle of their position.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

gotcha thanks for the reply

Makes me wonder if an option can be added to the Option Menu to allow the GM to swap between the settings. That way he/she could only turn it on for the encounters that have larger creatures and disable half movement for the rest of the encounters...
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Makes me wonder if an option can be added to the Option Menu to allow the GM to swap between the settings. That way he/she could only turn it on for the encounters that have larger creatures and disable half movement for the rest of the encounters...
    Not in the current architecture as the setting I mentioned is in the base XML and can't be controlled via runtime settings.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh poo.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information