DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can't get ATK effects to work with IFT.

For both IFT effects and targeted ones, it just doesn't want to count any kind of ATK or AC bonuses.
    I can get it to register DMG bonuses, but as you see above, it very much counts the Cannibal's attack as a 16 instead of the 46 you'd think. The [EFFECTS +30] seems to be purely cosmetic.

Anyone know of a workaround?

Are you running any extensions? Try this in a brand new campaigns without any extensions and make sure that the versions shown by CoreRPG and 3.5E in the chat window are both 3.2.2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Huh... I had just assumed I was doing it wrong. Never really considered something would be interfering.
    Now I just feel dumb. It was an extension, yeah. Thanks muchly, Trenloe.

And for the record, it was a Keen extension (or maybe the way it was interacting with other stuff). Which I liked because Paladins tend to randomly slap Keen on their weapon. But it blocked my attempts to set up Smite.
    Lousy Paladins always make life hard.

The updated keen extension should be v3.2.2 compatible. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ical-Extension

Always check extensions you use for compatibility after a FG update, most can get broken, sometime not obviously (like in this case) with an FG update and will need to be updated themselves.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm, that Keen extension is mine, I'll take a look when I get home tonight to see what's causing the issue. If there's any additional information that might be relevant, other than what's above, let me know, thx.

EDIT:

The Keen extension only adds the following small block of code to ActionManager.getRoll:

if EffectManager.hasEffectCondition(rActor, "KEEN") then
    if rAction.crit then
    rAction.crit = 20 - ((20 - rAction.crit + 1) * 2) + 1;
    else
    rAction.crit = 19;
    end
    end

Not sure how that could impact attack roll numbers/modifications. Thoughts?
    Last edited by darrenan; January 25th, 2017 at 21:26.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue, either with keen loaded or not (no extensions). For me, the only difference is where in the output the "[EFFECTS +30]" is reported, but in both cases (effected not targeted, and effect targeted) I'm seeing the +30 being applied to the attack roll. Perhaps I'm not following your steps exactly, could you please reproduce the issue again noting exactly what you are doing each step of the way and which extensions are loaded?
    Last edited by darrenan; January 26th, 2017 at 01:52.

Sorry to necro this thread, but this apparently is still an issue in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

We're using the following for Undead Bane:
    Undead Bane; IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 2d6 force; ATK: 2

The damage bonus goes through, but the attack bonus does not.

Try reversing the order of the attack and damage effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zedrin View Post
    The damage bonus goes through, but the attack bonus does not.
    For attacks, which are compared against a value (AC), IFT conditional effects aren't added to the actual dice result in the chat window - but they are added to the result calculation - e.g. [EFFECTS:+2] should be seen.

If this is not happening, please provide a screenshot showing the Combat Tracker with the attacking creature, and the resulting attack data in the chat window.

Thread Information