FG Spreadshirt Swag

Corvaire - New Map

This is my first try at using Asension's Atlas Style, a Photoshop technique from the Cartographer's Guild.

Would love feedback.

Attachment 17541

Blog Entries
    You might try to show the more elevated areas more clearly or add elevated areas if there arent any
    The map looks excellent though.

Nice map, but where are the mountain ranges?
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

It needs a scale. It might not have any mountain ranges or any topography beyond the wrinkles implied with the highlighting. I think it is gorgeous and assuming that it covers only about 300 miles, it is perfectly reasonable there are no mountains (Kansas and Oklahoma north of the Arbuckles is about that area, and it is mountainless though certainly not flat).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    It needs a scale. It might not have any mountain ranges or any topography beyond the wrinkles implied with the highlighting. I think it is gorgeous and assuming that it covers only about 300 miles, it is perfectly reasonable there are no mountains (Kansas and Oklahoma north of the Arbuckles is about that area, and it is mountainless though certainly not flat).
    Kansas and Oklahoma are not peninsulas sticking out into the water though... the type of geography depicted would typically have mountainous spines...

Florida has no mountains. And this is fantasy. If he wants flat peninsulas, so be it.

very well done, IMO

I like the style

Thanks for the replies. This was just a little region of a world made up for some quick adventures, and was my first try at the style. I intentionally did not include any major elevation. The high point on the map is actually in the desert.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Thanks for the replies. This was just a little region of a world made up for some quick adventures, and was my first try at the style. I intentionally did not include any major elevation. The high point on the map is actually in the desert.
    Well I think everyone has agreed they look great. keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    amazing work!
    Check out my art albums on FG!
    I own an Ultimate License, all WOTC D&D stuffs, and the SW rules.

Thread Information