Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Ok, I get that I think. I am not referring to making the core/source books editable though, with or without their sample "savage tales". I am referring to the various modules available as standalone purchases that surely qualify as "adventures". Leaving aside products like "the flood" that does have a certain amount of additional source material (although what is wrong with editing that to suit a particular campaign anyway is beyond me), mre straightforward adventures eg for whom the whistle blows, blood drive, grim prairie tales, south o the border etc also seem to be read only, at least I cannot edit any of the NPCs in those modules either without having to make a new copy. Apart from the work involved it makes for a very cluttered and confused system with multiple copies of everything. I'm trying to use FG to simplify my life as a GM, not the opposite!

Just a specific example- "deputy" from grim prairie trails. Initially showing in the list with open book icon ?read only - opening the record immediately changes to pen and paper icon ?read/write enabled. I find I can delete weapons, so in that sense the record is clearly editable, but I cannot add weapons back in via drag and drop. It may in fact be a bug, not actually read/write status as I originally thought as I now realise I am creating multiple blank personalities each time I try to add a new item- first version seems to have the item I just tried to add, followed by 15 copies that are blank.
    If I make a completely new copy of the NPC and edit this with drag and drop in the same way though, none of this happens which is why I originally thought it was to do with read/write status!

The data for Grim Prairie Trails is in the right format to be editable, so I'm not sure why it's not letting you edit. However, I do not work very much on the SW ruleset framework.

This may have to be addressed in the ruleset to some degree. I'll raise it to the attention of the SW ruleset developer to check out.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information