DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 96 of 150 First ... 46869495969798106146 ... Last
    Curious if I am doing something wrong or not here regarding spell damage. If I have a spell that deals 1d+1 cr damage I need to set that up as either a melee damage or a ranged damage, correct? There's not a way to have it directly associated with the spell itself, correct?
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Good news everyone!

I've had to keep this quiet for long time, but can now finally announce it. For the past few months SJG has been looking at what we've been doing with the GURPS ruleset and they really like it. They have granted me permission to continue development which also includes features like automation. Probably even more exciting is, SJG will over the next couple of months monitor the interest in GURPS on Fantasy Grounds. If sufficient, they will look at officially licencing which means we may start seeing official GURPS content made available.

Look out for a Daily Illuminator article about it.
    Is this still a possibility, especially considering the Social Distancing that most of the world is currently implementing?

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Curious if I am doing something wrong or not here regarding spell damage. If I have a spell that deals 1d+1 cr damage I need to set that up as either a melee damage or a ranged damage, correct? There's not a way to have it directly associated with the spell itself, correct?
    That is correct, you need to set it up as a melee or ranged attack depending on the type of spell. It is not linked to the spell itself. Fortunately, if you are importing from GCA and the spells have melee or ranged attacks, then these details should be filled in for you.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thanks for that. I am putting together a spell module for my group to use from the Dungeon Fantasy PDF Spells. GCA doesn't match up exactly to that and I've decided to put the spells in an xml file using notepad++ then make that into a module. Doing spells that way I was not able to include any damage for them. Setting them up later on as ranged or melee is perfectly acceptable to my group.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Thanks for that. I am putting together a spell module for my group to use from the Dungeon Fantasy PDF Spells. GCA doesn't match up exactly to that and I've decided to put the spells in an xml file using notepad++ then make that into a module. Doing spells that way I was not able to include any damage for them. Setting them up later on as ranged or melee is perfectly acceptable to my group.
    You can always set those up as a "weapon" that they can (now) drop in
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Is there coming some fort of "quick" selection (drop down etc) to select different kind of bullets?

And big thanks from this awesome ruleset!
    Last edited by Theros; May 20th, 2020 at 12:10.

Noticed something in Unity using the GURPS Theme -- v. 0.5 generates TTF error messages when opening, but otherwise looks normal (except for the sidebar icons not being present); v. 0.6 generates no errors and adds themed icons to the new Abilities and Traits buttons, but the Chat Log (and Modifier box) text gets super small:

unity-gurps-theme.jpg
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

We're aware there are some font issues with GURPSCore in FGU. I haven't really started going through it yet, but I will.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Cool! Thanks. Y'all are wizards
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Noticed something in Unity using the GURPS Theme -- v. 0.5 generates TTF error messages when opening, but otherwise looks normal (except for the sidebar icons not being present); v. 0.6 generates no errors and adds themed icons to the new Abilities and Traits buttons, but the Chat Log (and Modifier box) text gets super small:

unity-gurps-theme.jpg
    I got rid of the error messages by removing the font specifications and replacing them with something else, iirc. It's not as good as what gigermann will do when he gets to it but I prefer it over the font barf messages. I have attached my modified version of the extension if you want to use it as a stop gap until the real deal is ready.

Mind you, I'm really only working this over in FGU.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information