DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 88 of 150 First ... 3878868788899098138 ... Last
    I may be doing something wrong, but the distance units in FGU are not working, they appear but do not change and the distance modifiers do not appear either, the distance between both tokens or using the pointer is right, but it does not leave the yd.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I may be doing something wrong, but the distance units in FGU are not working, they appear but do not change and the distance modifiers do not appear either, the distance between both tokens or using the pointer is right, but it does not leave the yd.
    I am aware of this, it's due to some depreciated API functions in FGU. There is a workaround, but I'm waiting to see where the FGU development on this is going before implementing anything.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

So in this time of Social Distancing, we decided that we wanted to play the next session over the internet, and since I am a FG man and i do have FGU Ultimate we were going to play the next session of my Banestorm campaign over FG. Now that I am prepping for it, i did notice that there is no viable Skill type in the dropdown meny for Carousing, it being a HT based skill. I also found another problem, but that might be a FGU problem so I might post in that sub-forum later.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

So, I've had a fresh look at the ruleset (having not used it in ages), and I reckon I could finally go ahead and start creating some custom .mods out of my various rulebooks. There's only really one thing I'm wondering about now: techniques. At the moment, it seems like it's probably easier to add them as modifiers to skills rather than to create new skills for them, but it would be nice to have a separate Ability type for them so as to be able to add them to the Abilities list.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    So in this time of Social Distancing, we decided that we wanted to play the next session over the internet, and since I am a FG man and i do have FGU Ultimate we were going to play the next session of my Banestorm campaign over FG. Now that I am prepping for it, i did notice that there is no viable Skill type in the dropdown meny for Carousing, it being a HT based skill. I also found another problem, but that might be a FGU problem so I might post in that sub-forum later.

/H
    I have fixed this issue. I will upload a new update later today.

Assuming that I've found a way to mass import all of the item/ability/trait data from the GCS to the FG GURPS. Is it okay to share the import script or the imported files themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Scripts that import from a legal source - yes. Import files - No.
    Thanks, source is legal. it is GCS which is used quite a lot. There is even an APP to use GCS to add items for FG. I will try to tidy up scripts and share them. They just plainly read from GCS saves and puts them into FG compatible format.

I don't know what it will be like in the future, when all the to-do list is complete, but I have some doubts | suggestions:
    1 - How to deal with weapons that can be used melee and thrown?
    2 - Would you have any possibility of creating an expertise field for weapons and even defense items to generate a kind of link between expertise and item?
    If this is possible:
    2.1 - If you have the skill, take her level and calculate the trimming and even blocking.
    If you have not taken the pre-defined level.
    3 - The purchase of skills is made with 0 points, that is, using the pre-defined, and after the purchase of points, continue with the progression according to the level of difficulty of the skill.

I have uploaded a ruleset update.

GURPS 4E Core Ruleset
    Download latest release from here: https://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
    (Updated: 22th Mar 2020)

• GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.0 - 22th Mar 2020
      - Added: Half Move and Dodge check box to character sheet and tracker. (Clear and re-insert characters to Combat Tracker if experiencing problems)
      - Added: Added ability for items to have multiple types. eg Melee Weapon and Ranged Weapon.
      - Added: Added missing skill types for abilities (HT/E, HT/A, HT/H, HT/VH).
      - Fixed: Bug with auto-fill of combat stats when some items were dropped onto a character sheet.

Thread Information