FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 85 of 113 First ... 3575838485868795 ... Last
  1. #841
    Is there a place where can I find themes for the GURPS ruleset? Something light gray like D&D with smaller or stylized buttons?

    Is there a way to hide other dice? d4 d8 etc...

    Humble apologies for the barging in and posting questions ungracefully.

  2. #842

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonen View Post
    Is there a place where can I find themes for the GURPS ruleset? Something light gray like D&D with smaller or stylized buttons?

    Is there a way to hide other dice? d4 d8 etc...

    Humble apologies for the barging in and posting questions ungracefully.
    The only specific GURPS ruleset theme I know of is this one (https://goo.gl/xO1Lg1), however, most themes which work for CoreRPG will also work for the GURPS ruleset.

    The only way to remove the extra dice is to make modifications to do so within the ruleset.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  3. #843
    Hiya Xeonen,

    I eventually got through hiding all dice but the d6, so I'll share it here if it helps anyone. It's fairly straightforward, but there are quite a few steps.

    1) Without FG running, make a COPY of the "GURPS.pak" file in your Fantasy Grounds Data folder and move it to a different folder. Rename the original "GURPS.pak" to "GURPS.pak_ORIGINAL" (or whatever) so you can easily restore it should anything get wonky.

    2) Go to the other folder and rename "GURPS.pak" to "GURPS.zip" (select "Yes" if prompted), then unzip "GURPS.zip" into that folder. You should now see a bunch of folders ("campaign," "ct," "desktop," etc.) and few files. Right click on the file "gameelements.xml" and choose "Edit" to open in Notepad/Notepad++ whatever you use.

    It's a fairly small file, should look like this (the "position" coordinates may be different, that's fine):

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    
    <!-- 
      Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for 
      attribution and copyright information.
    -->
    
    <root>
    	
    	<distance>
    		<base>1</base>
    		<diagmult>1</diagmult>
    		<suffix>yd</suffix>
    	</distance>
    
    	<imagesettings>
    		<pointer defaultconeangle="60" />
       	</imagesettings>
    	
    	<die name="d6">
    		<icon>d6icon</icon>
    		<position>270,-68</position>
    	</die>
    
    	<die name="d20">
    		<icon>d20icon</icon>
    		<position>370,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d12">
    		<icon>d12icon</icon>
    		<position>420,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d10">
    		<icon>d10icon</icon>
    		<position>470,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d8">
    		<icon>d8icon</icon>
    		<position>520,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d4">
    		<icon>d4icon</icon>
    		<position>570,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="dF">
    		<icon>d6icon</icon>
    		<position>620,-68</position>
    	</die>
    
    </root>
    All you have to do is change it to look like this:

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    
    <!-- 
      Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for 
      attribution and copyright information.
    -->
    
    <root>
    	
    	<distance>
    		<base>1</base>
    		<diagmult>1</diagmult>
    		<suffix>yd</suffix>
    	</distance>
    
    	<imagesettings>
    		<pointer defaultconeangle="60" />
       	</imagesettings>
    	
    	<die name="d6">
    		<icon>d6icon</icon>
    		<position>270,-68</position>
    	</die>
    
    	<die name="d20" merge="delete">
    		<icon>d20icon</icon>
    		<position>370,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d12" merge="delete">
    		<icon>d12icon</icon>
    		<position>420,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d10" merge="delete">
    		<icon>d10icon</icon>
    		<position>470,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d8" merge="delete">
    		<icon>d8icon</icon>
    		<position>520,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="d4" merge="delete">
    		<icon>d4icon</icon>
    		<position>570,-68</position>
    	</die>
    	<die name="dF" merge="delete">
    		<icon>d6icon</icon>
    		<position>620,-68</position>
    	</die>
    
    </root>
    You're basically leaving the "d6" line alone, and adding that small bit of 'merge="delete">' to the lines of all the other dice types that you want to hide. Now resave that file as "gameelements.xml" (if it saves as "gameelements.xml.txt," I think you can just rename it).

    3) Now that you've changed what you need to, just need to repackage your newly-modified GURPS ruleset. Select all the contents of that folder (the "campaign," "ct," "desktop," etc. folders and the files, including your new "gameelements.xml"), right-click, and compress them into a new .zip file (with 7-Zip this is "Add to archive," not sure what the default Windows zipper says but it's probably like "Compress into..." or "Create a zip..." or something). Rename that new .zip file to "GURPS.pak" and move it back to your working Fantasy Grounds\Data\rulesets folders. There should be two there now, "GURPS.pak" (which you just made and hides all dice but the d6) and "GURPS.pak_ORIGINAL" (a copy of the original unmodified ruleset).

    4) When you start Fantasy Grounds and use the GURPS Ruleset, all the dice should now be hidden but the d6! If that's not the case, just remove your new "GURPS.pak" file and rename "GURPS.pak_ORIGINAL" back to "GURPS.pak" (with FG not running) to reset everything back the way it was.

    Hope this helps!
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

  4. #844

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    2,905
    Why don't you just put that code into an extension, so it can be loaded / unloaded with a click without having to edit the ruleset?

  5. #845

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Hiya Xeonen,

    I eventually got through hiding all dice but the d6, so I'll share it here if it helps anyone. It's fairly straightforward, but there are quite a few steps.
    Here is one better. I created an extension to remove the non-GURPS dice. Simply activate/enable the extension before starting your campaign and the dice will be gone.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35grqw1cl...oDice.ext?dl=1
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  6. #846

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Why don't you just put that code into an extension, so it can be loaded / unloaded with a click without having to edit the ruleset?
    Like Andraax said.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35grqw1cl...oDice.ext?dl=1
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  7. #847
    I'm a fumbly cut & paster not a coder, so I'm not sure how to override the game elements data in the GURPS ruleset without conflict. Since I never have a reason to use non-d6 with a GURPS ruleset loaded (or I'd just leave it as-is ), I just find it easier to quickly modify that one file whenever a new .pak is released.

    EDIT: And yay, the best kind of Ninjaed! Thanks for the codeage!
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

  8. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Hiya Xeonen,

    I eventually got through hiding all dice but the d6, so I'll share it here if it helps anyone. It's fairly straightforward, but there are quite a few steps.
    Thanks a lot! Although there is an extension for it now, this solution will help in the future if I want to work with d10 systems and such!



    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Here is one better. I created an extension to remove the non-GURPS dice. Simply activate/enable the extension before starting your campaign and the dice will be gone.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35grqw1cl...oDice.ext?dl=1
    Thanks downloaded it, I will be testing it. =)


    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    The only specific GURPS ruleset theme I know of is this one (https://goo.gl/xO1Lg1), however, most themes which work for CoreRPG will also work for the GURPS ruleset.

    The only way to remove the extra dice is to make modifications to do so within the ruleset.
    I will check those extensions, lets hope a good theme could be found. I can do coding but I am a terrible designer. =)

  9. #849
    I haven't started creating any new themes. Mostly because I'm lazy/unmotivated, but partly because I don't feel like the existing one is 100% done. I know Bruno has created his own, which is a flat grey overall, though it's geared for Portuguese speakers
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

  10. #850

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    I'm a fumbly cut & paster not a coder, so I'm not sure how to override the game elements data in the GURPS ruleset without conflict. Since I never have a reason to use non-d6 with a GURPS ruleset loaded (or I'd just leave it as-is ), I just find it easier to quickly modify that one file whenever a new .pak is released.

    EDIT: And yay, the best kind of Ninjaed! Thanks for the codeage!
    It's pretty much just putting your merge="delete" XML elements into an extension file.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in