DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 69 of 151 First ... 1959676869707179119 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    HalC great tutorial!
    Finally I think I asked badly, the fact is that even importing the characters from the GCA to FG the problem persists, the equipment purchased comes unclassified and to "make it easier for my life I like to have them on the item and classificalos tab, - if a sword for example has 2 attack modes one for thrust and another for swing, but when I rate the item as melee weapon I only have one field ie if I drag this item to a character I will only have one attack mode and no the 2 arms of the weapon.
    Yes I know it will say that I can create this second mode manually in the FG, going on the combat tab but I am going beyond and I am thinking about the practicality of the drag and drop, I am even thinking in the answer that Ronkke gave my previous question so I could have this kind of equipment as we see in the books.
    Another question I have is about Reach in the character sheet on the main tab, what's the use?
    Hi Yako2020,
    I'm not certain what you mean by "unclassified". If you would like, we can arrange to chat via Skype - I just upgraded my old Skype to the new Skype and can use it.

Hal

Character imported from GCA, the Type are in blank.

Attachment 25473

Type Melee Weapon only one mode...I know...the other mode can be made by hand... but its so much easy has the 2 mode in the item

Attachment 25474

I would like to know if there is any prediction for launching some uptime in the ruleset with any of those improvements listed.

This may already have been addressed, but the mass of the thread itself makes finding out difficult.

In any event, I experimented with the classifications of weapons and other equipment for the drag and drop functionality, and found that if I created a type Ranged Weapon (found that in the thread at least!!!) and a subtype Semi-automatic Carbine - and named the item as Carbine, 7.62mm - I could drag and drop the item into the Inventory and the drag/drop action resulted in both the item showing up in the Ranged Combat area, as well as Inventory. Unfortunately, it lists the item's description in inventory as Unidentified Item. So, just for giggles, since I've always been leaving the Non-Id description as blank, I experimented with it to include in that blank field, an actual name.

Presto - it filled in the Non-Id value for the Inventory name.

My suspicion is that the logic being used in the coding (can't figure out where it is just yet, but I'm looking!!!) uses the Non-Id flag being set to its opposing value when it places the Item Description in the Inventory area. If I could find the file it is in, I could try to change it and see if it works or not.

But, if this hasn't been addressed already, hopefully, this helps.

Additional Thought:

I'm guessing that what I'm looking for might be something along these lines...

fRecordDisplayClass = getItemRecordDisplayClass
    Last edited by HalC; December 29th, 2018 at 19:10. Reason: Additional THought

Is the little ring in the upper right of the item window of your new item red or green? You can toggle it on mouse click.

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Is the little ring in the upper right of the item window of your new item red or green? You can toggle it on mouse click.
    I can toggle it on to where the red circle with the slash shows up, or toggle it off with the symbol disappearing. Default condition is no symbol.

So, let's say for example, I have the Imi Desert Eagle statted out. I have the name as IMI Desert Eagle, .50 AE
    Non-ID name as "Pistol"
    Notes left blank
    Type Ranged Weapon
    Subtype Pistol
    TL 8
    Cost 1250
    Weight 4.6
    Damage 4d pi+
    Accuracy 2
    Range 220/2500
    Rate of Fire 3
    Shots 7+1(3)
    Minimum ST 12
    Bulk Penalty -4
    Recoil Modifier 4
    Legality Class 3

If I were to transfer that to a character via Drag and Drop - it will list the item as "Pistol" rather than as IMI Desert Eagle, .50 AE

If I were to leave the unidentified field as blank, dragging and dropping the item results in "Unidentified Item".

Now for the curve ball that I just discovered this morning...

When I create the item by right clicking on it in the items folder, it pulls up a blank "item" and I have to fill it in manually.

When I created a character named "Equipment Caddy" from GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT, which has a lot of equipment on the character (I figured why bother to fill in the items manually if I could simply drag and drop from the GCA created character). So, when I dragged the IMI Desert Eagle from the GCA imported character - it created an item element called IMI Desert Eagle. Problem was - all of the data that was listed for the weapon showed up in the notes area. So, I took THAT entry, and called it (Dragged) to differentiate it from the one I created raw, and presto...

Dragging and Dropping THAT version worked just fine. In other words, when I dragged that version onto the inventory sheet, it listed the equipment name properly.

Go figure huh? LOL

My guess is that for a pistol dragged off a character sheet, it sets up the "item" as being legit and it works as it should. When you do it manually - It doesn't unless you duplicate the unidentified field with the same information as the name for the item itself. This despite the fact that the Unidentified toggle switch has not been toggled.

I had the same problem, I figured out that I hadn't updated the ruleset (last version corrects this bug caused by FG update).

I've just reproduced the behavior...

I took some weapons off (via drag and drop) an imported Character from GCA, so that the dragged item into the "Item" folder appeared. When I did that, the dragged item would have the proper name as listed on the character sheet, but all of the fields were empty. The information for the gun would appear in the notes section.

Once I manually filled in the data as it should be (by first entering Ranged Weapon in the type field, which then expanded out the other fields so they could be filled), made the entry "public" so that it would show up in the Ranged Weapons area when clicking on the button - it would appear on that list.

Then, and ONLY then, could I drag the gun onto a character sheet's inventory area, where it would give the proper name of the item in the inventory area.

If I created the same name and stats for that specific weapon from Scratch (ie, go into the Item folder, right click, add entry, and then fill in the name, stats etc - dragging the item created from scratch, resulted in the "non-Id" name being used in the inventory area.

BOTH the item created by scratch, and the item created by dragging and dropping off a different character sheet - would fill in the data in the Ranged Combat tab properly (ie using the proper name rather than the Non-Id field name).

In addition (for completeness sake only, not a complaint mind you)

If i Dragged either the RAW (from scratch) version or the Dragged (ie, created by dragging an existing copy off another character onto the Item folder) - onto the Combat (Ranged Weapons) tab, it filled in the data there, but did not fill in the data in the "Inventory Area".

So, my conclusion is that when you use the method of right clicking and creating the new item from scratch, is when the inventory item runs into problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexos View Post
    I had the same problem, I figured out that I hadn't updated the ruleset (last version corrects this bug caused by FG update).
    That's what I thought too, so I downloaded the most recent version of both the Character exporter for GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT as well as the Rules pack.

Problem is - this is all happening with the latest updated version.

Ok - found a fix of sorts...

If I start from scratch - fill in the data for the "Item" , click on the ID toggle switch, then toggle it again - then I can drag and drop with it acting as it should.

Thread Information