FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 62 of 150 First ... 1252606162636472112 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by phoagne View Post
    @ronnke
    sent via pm
    Thanks. I will look into it and hopefully have some resolution to the issue.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Is it possible to upgrade from those listed, have any possibility of being released?

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarGrolles View Post
    Hi guys.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

I start on FG. I have just one or two questions.

Where should I install the "GCA_export_for_Fantasy_Grounds" files?

And, is there a module for Gurps Horror ?
    If you need help with constructing modules, send me a private message and I'll work at showing you the easy way of doing it. I also have the Ultimate License, so we can get together and chat for a time. My French is non-existent, so I apologize in advance if there ends up being some miscommunication involved. However, as I have trained others in my last full time job - if I can't get an idea across the first time, using the same words and meanings a second time is unlikely to be successful, so I try to find ways to get around that particular issue.

As I'm currently unemployed, I have no problem with being up at any odd hour of the day or night.

Hi Guys,
    While I'm thinking about it - this is NOT related to GURPS stuff per se, but I found it useful when dealing with creating material for my GURPS campaigns. Someone created a TableImport extention that is REALLY nice. You input things on a line by line basis, and the extention will automatically number the table based on the number of elements being put in. Each one line corresponds to one table element (it doesn't handle two or more column imports).

But it saves a LOT of time in the creation of tables. I'm currently working on creating a Cyberpunk Table module for use with ANY GURPS CYBERPUNK campaign. It has TONS of tables (the source material is Augmented Realities The Holistic City Kit for Cyberpunk PDF from RPGNOW.COM) Being able to enter tables that way is a godsend. Eventually, I'll be taking the GURPS CYBERPUNK tables for generating a random node and using the Story Template feature to be able to generate ANY node, at any place - with the press of a button.

@HalC

I can't really conceptualize the task you are trying to simplify, but thanks for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade from those listed, have any possibility of being released?
    I'm working on a new update...I won't commit to a release date, but a week, two weeks maybe more. It all depends on when I get some time to sit down with it.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    @HalC

I can't really conceptualize the task you are trying to simplify, but thanks for your work!
    It's not my extention - someone else put it together. But I downloaded it and used it a few times. Let's say for the sake of argument, you have a table that has 5 entries and you're going to roll 1d10 where each entry appears twice. Me? I'd simply roll 1d5 instead, but that's not the demo here...

Table name will be Five Star Quality
    and each entry will have a number of stars in it such that 1 star is a *, two stars is a ** etc.

What you do is click on the Table import button that shows up in the menu when you start a new table. In a spreadsheet or in a text editor, you see this:

Five Star Quality

WHen you copy and paste the entirety of that listed immediately above, the table importer will take the first line, and put it in the Table name section of your new table. Line 1 in your table will now read as:

1-1 *
    2-2 **
    3-3 ***
    4-4 ****
    5-5 *****

It imports the material into the table, auto numbers it for you, and finishes up by displaying the new table for you. You don't have to click for a new table, click the edit button, add an additional 3 lines to the two already showing by default, and you don't have to enter in the numbers for the random table. It automatically shows you that your table should be rolled with 1d5 - and if you want to make changes to it, simply change it by moving 1d10 to the dice symbol area, and then rearrange the numbers to show 1-2 * 3-4 ** etc.

REALLY nice if you're copying and pasting a table that has 50 elements off of a PDF. Now? Instead of having to copy and paste one line at a time - you can copy and paste the entire table onto say, Notepad - erase the numbers, type in as the first line of your text file - the name you want your file to have, and import it directly into the Random Table area. No fiddling with how many entries you need before hand.

If you want, email me, and I'll send you a screen shot of the original PDF file document with a single table with 100 elements on it, show you that same table in Notepad, and then show you the table in its import mode, and finally, what the table looks like after it was imported. But that's only if you want to see it. I'll have to try and find the original thread I found this from at Fantasy grounds and give you the url for it.

On second thought, thank GOD I created a link to the web site in my favorites!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Table-Importer

It works equally well in the GURPS ruleset as it does in the D&D 5e ruleset.

@Ronnke It does not matter how long it will take, but I'm glad to hear that we'll have more updates soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    I'm working on a new update...I won't commit to a release date, but a week, two weeks maybe more. It all depends on when I get some time to sit down with it.
    I look forward to seeing it. Just yesterday, I started playing with the Vehicles tab you create some time back, and copied and pasted a GURPS SPACESHIP sample from the TRANSHUMAN SPACE version of spacecraft. It worked well enough, but when I tried copying and pasting the actual hit locations for the 20 locations (primary hull, middle hull, and tertiary hull), it showed up in the vehicles area with one line for the ship name, but multiple lines for what appears to be the "Locations" area if you use the standard GURPS SPACESHIPS listing of each area getting one line. The only way to get around this, was to place the locations information in the untitled "Notes" section - since that doesn't appear in the brief overview of the spaceships in the spaceships filter. Am I making sense? If you want a screen shot, let me know.

In any event? Nice work. Thank you.

Thread Information