DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 151 First ... 3038394041425090140 ... Last

We experienced an unexpected problem tonight as well. Although we weren't Gaming per se, but testing some things - when the player added a "note" - he could see it he could write to it, but when he closed the note out - he couldn't see the note he made. I had him exit and try to come back in, hoping it would clear things, and lo and behold, he could now see his old note. Sad thing was? When he tried for a second note, that note could not be seen. What I had told him was to create a wish list of things he'd like to see me create for our next gaming sessions. This way, he'd make the note, I'd do what he was asking for, and remove it from his wish list as being done.

Then came the issue about trying to update to version 3.3.2 - he could not do it, as it crashed twice out of two attempts. He's using an older computer however, XP as the operating system. His newer system burned out (mother board issue that burned his drive to uselessness alas!). He's unemployed and could only use his old XP computer. I don't know if that has an impact or not.

Blog Entries
    Hi HalC I remember one or two versions ago that Moon Wizard announced that it would probably be the last version that supported XP as the frameworks required to support the newer features no longer supported XP....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi HalC I remember one or two versions ago that Moon Wizard announced that it would probably be the last version that supported XP as the frameworks required to support the newer features no longer supported XP....
    I was afraid that might be the case. He made it all the way up to 3.3.1.

Just out of curiosity, how do we make sure that if anything happens in the future, that he can always revert back to version 3.3.1? I'd hate for him to lose the ability to connect in the event something happens now and a file gets corrupted or something.

probably his best bet would be to save all the files onto a CD ROM and burn it to it now.

The Windows XP deprecation should not be affecting this.

As for saving the version, that might work for a bit, but then your whole group would need to have the all the files backed up. The rulesets evolve over time, and new features are built into the FG client that are needed to support new features. And, the GM version of the ruleset and extension files are always used when joining a campaign.

If there is any way that you guys can help me recreate on my machine, I can take a look.

* Can you walk me through the exact steps for how the note was created? (i.e. join game, click Notes, click Edit button, ...)
    * Are you both running v3.3.2?
    * I'm assuming you are running the GURPS ruleset in this thread. Is that correct? Have you downloaded it recently to make sure you have the latest version? What version is reported in the chat window when you start up the campaign?
    * Are you running any extensions?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    We played tonight, and we had a lot of errors thrown revolving around images/tokens (we think), before and after we switched on the Enhanced Images extension. There were a few instances of tokens disappearing from some clients when moved or resized (we expect the disappearances to be related to the Enhanced Images)—the game was playable, though, otherwise. To be fair, it's an old campaign, so there may be some bad data. Might be worthwhile to clear the cache if you're having issues.
    I haven't even been able to use the Enhanced image extensions (in any game-type really) because when I do, I can't access the GM red push-pin links. I think it treats them as images and not links. That problem existed for me on the last release.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The Windows XP deprecation should not be affecting this.

As for saving the version, that might work for a bit, but then your whole group would need to have the all the files backed up. The rulesets evolve over time, and new features are built into the FG client that are needed to support new features. And, the GM version of the ruleset and extension files are always used when joining a campaign.

If there is any way that you guys can help me recreate on my machine, I can take a look.

* Can you walk me through the exact steps for how the note was created? (i.e. join game, click Notes, click Edit button, ...)
    * Are you both running v3.3.2?
    * I'm assuming you are running the GURPS ruleset in this thread. Is that correct? Have you downloaded it recently to make sure you have the latest version? What version is reported in the chat window when you start up the campaign?
    * Are you running any extensions?

Thanks,
    JPG
    I'm running 3.0.7 GURPS core rules set, GURPS core theme v0.3 CoreRPG 3.3.2. The only core ext is GURPSCORE. I've got the most recent release as of this point in time. Hope this helps.

Thank you for putting this together! I'm not giving up on GURPS for Fantasy Grounds. A friend and I talked with the developers at some of the cons and did our best to ask that they keep the game compatible. Hoping SJ opens the gates for better integration.

Hi nbraker, welcome to the community. Did you manage to sort out the problem with the loading of the skin?
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Hi nbraker, welcome to the community. Did you manage to sort out the problem with the loading of the skin?
    No. I downloaded and saved the files to the appropriate folders in the game. I selected the options when creating a new game. I get 'most' of the skin but there are missing elements. Game does function. Dice rolls are fine, etc... but "Items and Vehicles" is still the old icon. Looks like most of the skin came through but with exceptions. I've added a picture. no other addons are selected for this game. I"m thinking a full re-install of FG might be in order.

Capture.PNG

Nick.

Woah! That is an entirely different skin or skins. Is it possible you have multiple skins/themes/incompatible extensions loaded at the same time? Try open a GURPS campaign without any extensions loaded.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information