DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 150 First ... 2937383940414989139 ... Last
    Regarding language extensions - the information in the extension (language name and font mapping) is only read when the campaign is first created. So you have to remember to include the extension when you first create the campaign. If you add the extension after the campaign has been created, then you won't see the language names added to the language list, but you will have the new fonts available so you can manually create what you need).

A work around, is mentioned in the first post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-(FG-v3-1-3-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just downloaded the new version for FG2, and one of the things that popped up was a "show on start up" kind of thing. Options was the last thing in the list, and when I saw languages, It let me add them one at a time such that before, languages was a blank list, but now, I have four languages that I added to a campaign after the fact. So, there is a solution that is easy enough I think...

Adding a bit more information, now that I've opened up the "options" button (the little gear symbol), it shows up like it did before, but this time, there are two buttons at the bottom, one says "set up" on the right bottom, and the other says "Languages" on the left bottom. If your language list is empty, you can "add" a language like you add anything in FG2 (like table entries, notes, etc). I was able to add Chinese, Farsi, English, and French from this, and now it shows up in my list of languages. It also says "understood by" in the chat window.

Addenda: Just for giggles, I loaded a character via GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT into FG2 using the export function - did it twice actually. The first time was to load the character as a character, and did an importchar command to bring it in. The second however, I imported as an NPC. I made certain to use different file names for the same character as an xml file (one was named Adam Kimbal.gc4.xml and the other was named adam kimbal.xml (as the NPC format).

What was interesting was this:

The character sheet had "languages" listed (which was English and French) but the NPC didn't. It appears that the NPC language table doesn't list. So, when I had the Character (I was running two instances of FG2, one in GM mode, the other in player mode) speak in French while in player mode, it stated in the GM window Adam Kimbal [French] and what the player said in plain English. THis way, I know that he's using a different language. When I went back to GM window, and selected Farsi as a language, and typed in "can you understand this now?" - all the player side saw, because the character didn't have Farsi in his languages list, "lrSE4 CRz iF5yau8SC8MV oGdHn5 Ip9?"

So it works, but the one thing that the NPC export doesn't show, is the languages that the NPC starts with. No place to show it in the NPC page I think.

Just an FYI.
    Last edited by HalC; September 22nd, 2017 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Regarding language extensions - the information in the extension (language name and font mapping) is only read when the campaign is first created. So you have to remember to include the extension when you first create the campaign. If you add the extension after the campaign has been created, then you won't see the language names added to the language list, but you will have the new fonts available so you can manually create what you need).

A work around, is mentioned in the first post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-(FG-v3-1-3-)
    Between this and what Gigermann already shared with me, I was able to take some time and piece together the extras into the xml so that I could add 28 or so different fonts to go along with the many fantasy languages in my campaign. I also confirmed each PC could only understand the languages that matched on their sheets. Super!

Thank you much to both Trenloe and Gigermann!

Apart from the language extension (which I don't use), has anyone had issues with update 3.3.2 and the GURPS Ruleset? I'm trying to decide whether I should update or wait.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Apart from the language extension (which I don't use), has anyone had issues with update 3.3.2 and the GURPS Ruleset? I'm trying to decide whether I should update or wait.
    I updated seemingly without issue on the SECOND attempt. The first attempt to update resulted in the program crashing entirely - it went black screen and then disappeared. The second attempt to update resulted in a successful take. I will put it through its paces tonight, because another user tried the same thing, and the same results largely - failed on first, seemed to have worked on second...

We'll know for certain tomorrow, but I updated and ran through one of my test campaigns, and I didn't experience any immediate issues
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    I had character portraits disappear (only thing I've noticed thus far and easily re-added).

Thanks, Folks. Updated fine the first time (no second attempt needed). Didn't have character portraits assigned yet, so not sure if I would have lost them. I do like that the core program now remembers window positions, but I preferred the way the previous extension also saved the windows' Opened/Closed state (so when the program started, everything you had left Open was still Open).

A minor quibble, though. Back to the GURPSin'!
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

We played tonight, and we had a lot of errors thrown revolving around images/tokens (we think), before and after we switched on the Enhanced Images extension. There were a few instances of tokens disappearing from some clients when moved or resized (we expect the disappearances to be related to the Enhanced Images)—the game was playable, though, otherwise. To be fair, it's an old campaign, so there may be some bad data. Might be worthwhile to clear the cache if you're having issues.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Thread Information