DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 151 First ... 2533343536374585135 ... Last

I use GCA and think it's a pretty complete program. Any idea why people would use GCA?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I use GCA and think it's a pretty complete program. Any idea why people would use GCA?
    I'm assuming you meant "Any idea why people would use GCS," and the answer I usually hear is "Because it's free." (i.e., 'Why use Photoshop when GIMP is free?')

I personally much prefer GCA, especially for the ability to use the amazing Phoenix Character Sheet, and having a way to import GCA characters directly to FG was a huge selling point for me.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Seycyrus and TheMookNet, unfortunately the biggest problem we have (Brazilians) is that we are not satisfied with anything, we only complain about values, languages and the like, we do not try hard to learn ...
    Here I am a lover of GURPS I decided and I dedicated myself to translate the layout, the scrolls, the spreadsheets ....
    Here I am concerned with translating the GCA spreadsheet and export, but that is not enough, I have to translate the file with the basic module, of course this effort is for those who still use GCA instead of GCS and majority argument Is that it is free, taking away MacOS users whose GCA does not work at 100%.
    Then I like GURPS lover, I question, I ask, I ask ... because I want everything to be perfect: D
    Sorry for the outburst, you are wonderful ... but I am annoyed by the bad will of most Brazilians ... and I can say it with conviction because I am a: D
    Success!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    I'm assuming you meant "Any idea why people would use GCS," and the answer I usually hear is "Because it's free." (i.e., 'Why use Photoshop when GIMP is free?')

I personally much prefer GCA, especially for the ability to use the amazing Phoenix Character Sheet, and having a way to import GCA characters directly to FG was a huge selling point for me.
    Yes I meant, "why do people use GCS", thanks for clarifying. Like you, the GCA-FG integration was a massive draw which convinced me to lay down my money for both products. I only wish there was more integration on SJGs part.

GCS also works on a Mac, that's another reason for people using it. Hopefully the new (in development) GCA will address that. I haven't really been following the development so I can say if there is a plan for better cross platform integration.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I have this error when use effect...no extension activated..
    Attachment 20004

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I have this error when use effect...no extension activated..
    Attachment 20004
    I can't reproduce the error. Can you give me step by step instructions on how you produce the error.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I cannot reproduce the error either. At first I thought it might be because there were not any linked tokens on a map. So I threw a PC and an NPC into the CT, ad applied an effect to each of them without any problem.

The version is test 3.3.2, not live 3.3.1

Thread Information