STAR TREK 2d20
Page 21 of 150 First ... 1119202122233171121 ... Last

Modifiers are for the modifiers window.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Modifiers are for the modifiers window.
    But in the new ruleset, they are certainly meant to be added to the character sheet, as demonstrated in Ronnke's video, aren't they?

There seems to be another error regarding inventory, regarding how multiple items are handled.

For instance, a pint of oil is 1 lb.. If in GCA4 a character has 2 pints of oil, the total weight is listed as 2 lbs. (correctly) in GCA4. However, when the exported sheet is opened in FG, those 2 pints of oil now weigh 4 lbs. (2 x 2), instead of 2 lbs. (2x1).

This is seen by watching the characters Total Weight Carried.

For example, if a character has 10 arrows. Each weighs .1, so 10 arrows weighs a pound. However, if you change the number of arrows from 10 to 11, the characters weight will increase by a full pound! That's a heavy arrow!

BTW, a related problem exists in the calculation of the cost of individual pieces of multiple instance entries. Clicking on the dragon icon (brings up the item sheet) shows the cost of the group of items when I think it is supposed to show the cost of an individual item.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    But in the new ruleset, they are certainly meant to be added to the character sheet, as demonstrated in Ronnke's video, aren't they?
    The intended purpose was to allow for specific modifiers, related to the skills, weapons, spells, etc. I wouldn't suggest you put your general modifiers in there. Keep this in the general modifiers list. Drag n Drop functionality is currently not available, but will likely be included when I add the ability to add skills and abilities to a character from libraries.

I have had drag n drop modifiers enabled while doing my testing/playing and I did come across an annoying issue. If you double click the modifier to add it to stack, but move the mouse slightly during the process. You can sometime initiate the drag n drop, which will add a duplicate modifier. This is partially the reason, it's not currently available.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

There seems to be another error regarding inventory, regarding how multiple items are handled.
    I will investigate and fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    The intended purpose was to allow for specific modifiers, related to the skills, weapons, spells, etc...
    Understood. I have a fully populated modifiers main window and plan to keep 99% of the modifiers internal to that window, I was just curious if the feature was intended or not. This issue came up for me recently, because my players seem to take pride in being "Lazier than thou", and the effort to manually type things is apparently beyond their capabilities.

As always, thank you for all your work. Please don't take my frequent postings as anything besides interactive feedback. I am pretty ignorant in the coding aspect, and that is why I sometimes ask, "Is this hard to do?". I honestly don't know what is difficult and what is easier to implement (tho I am beginning to understand a bit more).

As always, thank you for all your work. Please don't take my frequent postings as anything besides interactive feedback. I am pretty ignorant in the coding aspect, and that is why I sometimes ask, "Is this hard to do?". I honestly don't know what is difficult and what is easier to implement (tho I am beginning to understand a bit more).
    Feel free to offer feedback as much as you want. It all goes to improving the ruleset. I encourage it.

Fixed!
    Download the fixed GCA Export Files from the original post.

In the old ruleset, when i imported an image to use as a map, I would set a grid of a certain size. I could also select the scale of each hex from the standard 1 hex = 1 yard, to anything, by typing in the number of units per hex. I could also change the unit type from among a few options (miles, feet, yards, meters etc).

Do we still retain that functionality in the new ruleset?

No, this is not available in the new ruleset. I was planning to reproduce this as a CoreRPG extension.

Thread Information