STAR TREK 2d20

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke, will this new version work with FGC, or is it just for FGU?
    Works with both FGC and FGU, but it fixes XML related issues which FGC would ignore.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Upload a new ruleset which addresses some FGU compatibility issues.

GURPS 4E Core Ruleset
    Download latest release from here: https://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
    (Updated: 18th Sep 2020)

Ronnke I don't know if you have the Unity version, but I was looking and in the Cond part of the CT, when applied fatigue does not appear as it appears in the classic version.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Ronnke I don't know if you have the Unity version, but I was looking and in the Cond part of the CT, when applied fatigue does not appear as it appears in the classic version.
    I do have FGU, I will have a look into this.

Hello ronnke and all,

Way back in post #941 I asked questions on GURPs FGU as a long time GURPs DM thinking of transitioning to virtual table top and several of you helped me out.

Thank you for the suggestions, as a result I have purchased FGU Lifetime License.

I have one basic question for now, after having reviewed the videos and attempting to set up a campaign and build some characters.

#1 Can equipment, traits, skills be made persistent? Do I really have to re-enter the description for Knife skill or weapon stats for a knife for every character I make? I assume they can be saved some how. Please help. What am I missing?

#2 If they can be saved, is there a module I can purchase or download that will have skill, weapon, trait descriptions included?

Thank you for any assistance, If I have to reenter the stats for a knife for every PC and NPC it will likely be a deal killer for me. I just don't have the time to commit
    Last edited by Woob; September 21st, 2020 at 04:41. Reason: Reference to earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Hello ronnke and all,

Thank you for the suggestions, as a result I have purchased FGU Lifetime License.

I have one basic question for now, after having reviewed the videos and attempting to set up a campaign and build some characters.

#1 Can equipment, traits, skills be made persistent? Do I really have to re-enter the description for Knife skill or weapon stats for a knife for every character I make? I assume they can be saved some how. Please help. What am I missing?

#2 If they can be saved, is there a module I can purchase or download that will have the stats included?

Thank you for any assistance, If I have to reenter the stats for a knife for every PC and NPC it will likely be a deal killer for me. I just don't have the time to commit.
    #1. Yes they can. You need to enter them into the Items, Traits, and Skills lists within FG and not on the individual characters. You can then Export these into custom modules you can load within your other campaigns.

#2. The GURPS ruleset doesn't have official support from SJG, so you can't buy modules with this content ready to go. We ALL wish we could. Maybe one day. The good news is you can easily create these modules yourself using utilities created by people in this community. See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-n-drop-items)

Side note: Use GCA or GCS and import your characters into FG. It's a huge time saver.

Hope that helps.

I don't know if this is a bug or just something wrong I'm doing . I know that the [DODGE] etc aren't how the effects are supposed to work, but here is the issue that I noticed.

The first effect I made (first picture) for Loose Balance (capped version) I set to -2; when I use it, it works fine, if I clicked on it again (not the little add effect button) it zeroed. I put in another couple of effects after just to see if they would zero after clicking out of them or on the text fields etc. and they worked fine.

Obviously besides that I have no idea how to use these effects or if they can actually be singled out modify a specific like [DODGE] [MELEE] etc. I think this is still within 7 days of playing around with this

effects first one added.png
    Effects more than one first one zeros.png

Thanks!
    Fezzik
    Anybody want a peanut!

I am very new to FG and am interested in this system. How/Where do I install this to FGC?

Thanks in advance!

Fezzik Buttercup I may be mistaken, but this type of information that generates effects that modify rollovers must be native to the ruleset.It would be wonderful to be able to do that, apply an effect and then just forget and just roll the dice with everything changed.

Quote Originally Posted by theshakey01 View Post
    I am very new to FG and am interested in this system. How/Where do I install this to FGC?

Thanks in advance!
    Greetings ! Tell us a bit about yourself. I started playing D&D in the 70s and switched over to Gurps in in the late 80s. I generally do gritty fantasy. How long have you been playing?

To answer your question, download the ruleset in the first post of this thread and place it in your ruleset folder.

Thread Information