FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 151 First ... 891011122060110 ... Last
    Hey Ronnke,

Having issue with drag & drop skills from a story tab / module to a character sheet.

I am having the same issue as Valekk. If I drag the red box from a Story file (with text of the description of a skill that I typed in) into the the player character sheet to overlap/override the red box next to that particular skill name it does not work. Is this a known bug? Anyone else out there able to copy in their own descriptions for skills? They can be manually written in, but I want to copy them from my modules I made. The text in my story file is both visible and shared to GM and players, but neither player or GM can get the drag and drop feature to work.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

@Valekk & @TalonKaine

This is not a bug. It's functionality not designed into the ruleset.

Can you clarify exactly what you are trying to achieve and I can maybe facilitate it in a future release. TalonKaine, if I understand correct, you simply want to copy the note information of a skill back and forth. Whereas, Valekk, I'm assuming you want to be able to drag and drop whole skills.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Skill Error

Please see the screenshot below. The pink lines are all three places I've tried to drag the skill description that I have wrote up in the Story area, however it won't override the red square in the skills description. The green line is what happens when you click the red box next to the skill. How can I take advantage of the red boxes in skills, powers, spells, etc by dragging in my own descriptions from the Story tab? Thanks again.

During some character generation tonight, we've encountered a bug - but sadly, I can't tell you what actually caused it or how to reproduce it. The character we were editing suddenly lost the field for "move" on the main tab (as you can see in the character sheet on the left). From that moment on we've got an error message ("Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_main) Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_main)") whenever we tried to do anything on the main tab. Another error message appeared on the combat tab ("Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)"). The constantly (whenever we tried to edit the main or combat tabs) appearing error window rendered the character in question useless. We had to create a new character sheet (the right one) and start filling out the entries again. So far, the "Move" Attribute hasn't disappeared on us.
    My blog about a sandbox setting for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, I am creating, and my endeavours to learn GURPS and the use of VTTs: Illias.

@TalonKaine

I can add the functionality to the ruleset. As a workaround until that feature is available in the ruleset, the player will have to cut n paste that information manually.

Thanks Ronnke! Yeah this was the biggest feature I was looking forward to from your first screen shot seeing those boxes haha. I wanted to make my own module with the skills, powers, spells, equipment, etc... and be able to drag those to the PC sheet. So that if a player spends xp to learn Riding, I can then drag over Riding and the whole description is there at his fingertips to cut down on referencing the huge rulebook. Also when it comes to spells and powers I"ve made up hundreds of my own that I wanna have in a database to call upon. Thanks for all your hard work.

@weselbold

Were you using the latest release of the ruleset? I have encountered that or a similar issue previously and it was fixed in v3.0.1.

Highlight the text in the story entry, press Ctrl-C. Click in the entry for the skill description, press Ctrl-V. Once you've created the skill description, you can drag it to a "template" character that you use to drag and drop in the future.

I believe the next release will add the ability to directly create skill entries without using a "template" character.
    Last edited by Andraax; January 16th, 2017 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonKaine View Post
    Thanks Ronnke! Yeah this was the biggest feature I was looking forward to from your first screen shot seeing those boxes haha. I wanted to make my own module with the skills, powers, spells, equipment, etc... and be able to drag those to the PC sheet. So that if a player spends xp to learn Riding, I can then drag over Riding and the whole description is there at his fingertips to cut down on referencing the huge rulebook. Also when it comes to spells and powers I"ve made up hundreds of my own that I wanna have in a database to call upon. Thanks for all your hard work.
    So it's not so much the note that you want to be able to drag n drop, you would prefer to drop the skill itself, with the note already filled in.?

Thread Information