DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 76 of 151 First ... 2666747576777886126 ... Last
    Since I have not asked for a long time, and silence is present I would very much like to know if we will soon have more updates on the beloved ruleset of my beloved system.
    Updates as such, the possibility of having items with the possibility of different damage, in the item and not in the combat flap of the character.
    Updates between ST and Damage Encoding.

Fantasy Grounds Unity is coming out (eventually) and I 'think' it could be the end of the client version (at some point in the distant future). If that is the case, I can understand the reticence to continuing to update the product. My players and I use the GURPs addon and look forward to its continued development (if any), but I understand otherwise. Unity could be better but I have a feeling we'll lose support for GURPs from FG.

nbreaker as I inderstood all the rulesets created using CoreRPG as base, don't will be lost, and I believe that GURPS is created following these steps, and so we don't loose our time.

Quote Originally Posted by nbraker View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Unity is coming out (eventually) and I 'think' it could be the end of the client version (at some point in the distant future). If that is the case, I can understand the reticence to continuing to update the product. My players and I use the GURPs addon and look forward to its continued development (if any), but I understand otherwise. Unity could be better but I have a feeling we'll lose support for GURPs from FG.
    As mentioned by @yako2020 the FG Classic rulesets will be able to be used in FG Unity.

And, not sure what you mean by "the end of the client version" - FG Unity will also be server-client architecture, so I'm confused by this statement.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As soon as the Unity beta becomes available, I will ensure the GURPS ruleset works with Unity. Hopefully, this won't mean maintaining two separate versions of the ruleset. The devs indicate rulesets build on CoreRPG should port to Unity without issue, so we shouldn't have any issues.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Hey Ronnke,

I've been working on a handful of extensions but a great deal of these have required massive overwrites of windowclasses/objects due to unnamed XML objects in quite a few of the char_<page>.xml files. For the moment I'm going to post these just by overwriting entire windowclasses using merge="replace"; but for future work would you be amenable to having a lot of these items named for easier deletion/replacement as needed? I'd be more than happy to crunch through them myself for this purpose and submit them somewhere if that would be helpful since I know it's an absolute faff of 'boring' work. Largely as doing massive windowclass replacements might make building other extensions harder if they're running simultaneously.

- Dingo
    Last edited by DingoSoulEater; September 1st, 2019 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by DingoSoulEater View Post
    Hey Ronnke,
    I've been working on a handful of extensions ...
    Inquiring minds want to know more! What sort of extensions?

So far; hit location dependant armour tracking, ammunition tracking, a couple more fields/attributes to make magic / energy reserve / special resources easier to track especially for those using the Threshold Based Magic system, fractional-dice system, support for Conditional Injury (Robustness, Injury Level fields, etc)... Most of these are working as non-scripted / record-only things which makes them good for reference *if* it's the type of things you use; but I'd like to do a bit more with them once I get my head around Lua and FG's data structure. Probably going to make a thread soon for it all.

Chucked a screeny of *all* of it running at once (obviously not super necessary as they're all separate modules). In the process some of the extensions remove some data that, in my opinion, is a bit cluttered in the combat fields when they're better recorded/tracked in inventory (Legality Class, Cost, etc), but I'll have options for with and without the trimming.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DingoSoulEater; September 2nd, 2019 at 10:40.

My God! Look at a beautiful job, that would be perfect in the ruleset, alright I'll have to mess with my crazy extension (after all it is made by me a crazy enthusiast) but would be perfect, and enjoying would like to have a help on the message of modifiers , I would like it to appear at the end of the message in the chat and not in the middle as it happens, the message that will appear in the screenshot will be in Portuguese, after all I am Brazilian.

Attachment 28738

DingoSoulEater a made an extension with the translation and add the field grenade to combat and the hit points to shield, but has a lot of errors, but works

Thread Information