STAR TREK 2d20
Page 52 of 150 First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke, was the GM ability to Shift+apply an effect to an actor's target instead of the actor himself lost in this update?

I know it's been a few months, but I just noticed the missing capability (been a while since I GMed)
    I shall investigate, the shift+apply must have been a core feature as it is not something built into the GURPS ruleset. If it was there and is no longer, then it may be related to the GURPS method of effects. I will look into it.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I've noticed that the points total doesn't update on deleting traits and abilities, only when adding new ones. Obviously there's a work around... if you need to delete something, delete two things and add the one you didn't want to delete back in... but it's kind of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by gr4nv!ll3 View Post
    I've noticed that the points total doesn't update on deleting traits and abilities, only when adding new ones. Obviously there's a work around... if you need to delete something, delete two things and add the one you didn't want to delete back in... but it's kind of a pain.
    I will look into the issue for the next release. Another workaround is to simply change the point value of anything on the character sheet and then change it back. This forces a re-calculation.

Ronnke,

Is there a way to hotkey effects? Right now it seems that it just sends the name of the effect to the chat window.

You "kinda" can. You can't just hit the key, however - you have to drag from the hotkey bar to the CT or the token on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You "kinda" can. You can't just hit the key, however - you have to drag from the hotkey bar to the CT or the token on the map.
    Nod. It just would be a significant time saver, if the hotkeys could be used to apply to the current actor, and even the current actor's target.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke,

Is there a way to hotkey effects? Right now it seems that it just sends the name of the effect to the chat window.
    I'm currently away for the week, but when I get back I will have a look at the hotkeys with effects and see what can be done re applying to current actors/targets.

Ronnke,

Did you mention before that you were going to be putting out an article in the Daily Illuminator?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    So, you want to push the responsibility of not updating CoreRPG (a supported ruleset) until GURPS (an unsupported ruleset) gets updated onto SmiteWorks? That's not going to happen. If you use something unsupported, it's on *you* to make sure they work together. SmiteWorks makes sure that all *supported* rulesets gets updates so they work simultaneously - that's all they should be required to do. SmiteWorks already announces, and makes available, the updates well before they push them, so developers have plenty of time to test / update before the push happens. If developers do not take advantage of that, it's not SmiteWorks fault...

If you are using an unsupported ruleset that relies on CoreRPG, your choices are to maintain older versions of CoreRPG that work with the ruleset yourself, or not update until GURPS works with the latest CoreRPG.

Of course, if GURPS *becomes* a supported ruleset, this argument goes away for GURPS.
    Why not just do like minecraft does in its launcher, and just let you choose which version to boot, so that even if an update breaks functionality, you can just keep using the old version until someone fixes it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkholme View Post
    Why not just do like minecraft does in its launcher, and just let you choose which version to boot, so that even if an update breaks functionality, you can just keep using the old version until someone fixes it.
    Welcome Darkholme
    This cant be done because its not a feature of the application (like its not a feature of 99% of apps).
    If a new ruleset breaks something it would be rare for that to mean you cant play at all.

Thread Information