FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 45 of 151 First ... 3543444546475595145 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    At a guess... I would think that these things would be part of an official/licensed/commercial release rather than a community release...
    Yeah, you may be right. IMHO it also could depend on how much SJG approves the unofficial ruleset. Right now the official logos for GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy are implemented as decals, which is meaningful and promising.

On the other hand, if they want to see more GURPS games around, the availability of some of these features (most likely already existent in non-distributable extension files) without requiring extra homework to the users could help.

Now, as it was said there's the need of evaluating what I think are several factors, so I guess we'll see! Regards
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Exalted View Post
    It seems I can now place tokens on hexes intersections, is this by design?
    Not design, but an inherited feature of core. Do people like or not like? It can be changed.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Not design, but an inherited feature of core. Do people like or not like? It can be changed.
    It's useful for multi-hex creatures.

I hosted another GURPS Fantasy Survival game this weekend and the player's love it. I converted their Palladium Fantasy characters over to GURPS once I became aware of this ruleset a few months back. They are new to GURPS and I am knocking the rust off. With me preloading a ton of stuff into FG in supplement to what Ronnke already has embedded, on top of what core provides, it has helped us all come up to speed by leaps and bounds. If I had tried converting them over and running through something like Roll20 and just handed them the book their eyes would have glossed over as they'd be quickly overwhelmed.

Hopefully, SJG will not only continue to approve, but invest further in the more rich features being discussed, so that more people can finally convert and enjoy the details and balance GURPS brings - but let the system take care of a lot of that crunch. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    I hosted another GURPS Fantasy Survival game this weekend and the player's love it.
    That's great feedback and it's super awesome your game went well. If you are a visitor to the SJG forums, and you feel up to it, perhaps you can post something about it on the those forums. It will help other people looking to evaluate FG and SJG will also see it.

Added the following to the original post requesting community input on future development.

Suggest Ideas and Features

Click the following link to have your input on future ruleset development/improvement: https://gurps4efg.idea.informer.com/proj/

Ronnke, would not it be better to finish the development of that Ruleset listing to see the need for new ideas?
    I do not know if the final version will count the spent ammunition, if the spells rolled will have the spent spell, if the damage types will be calculated in the hit points, if the RD will be divided by part, thus allowing to apply the reducers and modifiers of damage and also automatically reducing the level of ability by the body part I choose ....

The ideas and suggestions helps clarify what sort of features people want and buy up-voting a particular feature, then I get a sense of the demand/priority. This is also the case where some feature requests may be sufficiently similar that they can be worked on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Good news everyone!

I've had to keep this quiet for long time, but can now finally announce it. For the past few months SJG has been looking at what we've been doing with the GURPS ruleset and they really like it. They have granted me permission to continue development which also includes features like automation. Probably even more exciting is, SJG will over the next couple of months monitor the interest in GURPS on Fantasy Grounds. If sufficient, they will look at officially licencing which means we may start seeing official GURPS content made available.

Look out for a Daily Illuminator article about it.
    Let me add my congrats, late.

Feedback for SJG -- Dear All-Seeing Pyramid/Warehouse 23: I think you'll find that providing strong support with official content will attract and grow interest in GURPS on Fantasy Grounds, not the other way around. A major benefit of Fantasy Grounds is to make life easier for busy GMs by providing pre-loaded content that is flexible, with easy reference links, attractive to look at on screen, etc. In other words, "I give you money, you make my life easier." If the only content for [Insert RPG here] is user-created, that cuts the pool of potential GMs (who are the gatekeepers to players) drastically due to both coding skill and time constraints. (So if the process is: "Wait for volunteer coders to do all the work and demonstrate the market", we may never get to the "I give you money" part in the above arrangement...)

What's more, a lot of us are dabblers who play more than one system. If [RPG] is officially supported, it's far more likely to get into the rotation of a GM/player group.

Seems like a FG commissioning deal could be struck with IP protections and limited financial exposure (by commissioning ronnke, for example), why not commit now to trying it out fully?

Fnord.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Seems like a FG commissioning deal could be struck with IP protections and limited financial exposure (by commissioning ronnke, for example), why not commit now to trying it out fully?
    Short answer...SJG want to see if there is actually a market for GURPS on Fantasy Grounds before jumping into licensing. I have no idea how things work when publishers license with SmiteWorks, but I'm sure there are contractual obligations that publishers (in this case SJG) would rather not enter into unless they are sure the platform will work for them.

Thread Information