5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I was surprised to see that you decided to go that route.
    I didn't really decide to go any route... I honestly have very little idea what I'm doing... I mean, like I've never done any of this before. I'm sure most of what I've done will break at some point, though I can't imagine anything will break unless FG makes major changes to how it works (something akin to the 3.2 update). I am hoping to go through everything I've got and "fix" it in the ways you are talking about.

Basically I copied all of the existing info from the CoreRPG & 5E rulesets, then modified anything that looked broken. If it looked the way I intended, then I left it alone.

Again, I know for sure I did a lot of this flat our wrong.

It's all about fine-tuning once the users are actually using it.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's all about fine-tuning once the users are actually using it.
    In order to be "fine tuned" it needed to be tuned to begin with!

Yeah, I honestly didn't know if there would be any interest in the themes I made, so I just kind of got them done and out there. Now that they seem to have caught on a bit, it seems I owe it to everyone (and myself) to actually go and do it right... plug up the holes, etc.

I forget where the page was, but there are merge rules for windowclass that could drastically help out your theme. You could literally just have the art data listed in your files and it would merge with the other data from windowclass (so if an update changes a line in the <script> tag your theme doesn't break the ruleset). I highly recommend you look into them. Also, there is a way to overload functions to get a lesser effect with lua files so that you don't have to include all the functions of the file in your extension (which cause a LOT of conflicts).

As for not breaking things, I guess that is a matter of opinion. When I hit a button and FG does something else, I consider it broken. You might consider changing the graphics back to the original sizes to avoid this in your themes (or dig into the frustration of reformatting the control sizes).

You also forgot the toolbar_20.png and toolbar_30.png in your post above. I see you don't have them in your theme, but you probably didn't feel the need to change them. Still, they are required for the toolbar buttons so I'll need to list them.

EDIT: This might have some of the info, though I think you can merge more than templates now.
    Last edited by Nickademus; January 11th, 2017 at 01:38.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

When I hit a button and FG does something else, I consider it broken.
    Is there somewhere that this is happening?

You also forgot the toolbar_20.png and toolbar_30.png in your post above. I see you don't have them in your theme, but you probably didn't feel the need to change them. Still, they are required for the toolbar buttons so I'll need to list them.
    You have that exactly right, I didn't modify those, but you would need them for a full overhaul.

EDIT: This might have some of the info, though I think you can merge more than templates now.
    Thank you very much sir! A little light reading... the wife will be so excited I now have something to occupy my time!

Quote Originally Posted by ll00ll00ll00ll View Post
    Is there somewhere that this is happening?
    Well, the easiest example of this is to open a window. If you attempt to click on the help button, half the button closes the window (since FG is still using the larger-sized close button). The actual help button extends into the nothing to the left of the visible button (because again, default button size is used).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I see where it says Frame: window title bar ["windowtitle"] but how do you go about actually changing the title of the window? Or changing the "stitching" image of the header the title uses for each window?

its in the graphics>frame folder
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by Vishera View Post
    I see where it says Frame: window title bar ["windowtitle"] but how do you go about actually changing the title of the window? Or changing the "stitching" image of the header the title uses for each window?
    The text in the title is based off the <resource> (uses a string resource name) or <static> (hard coded text) or a <field> (uses the data in a child database node named in the <field> parameter) setting in controls based off the <windowtitlebar> template. Search (find in files) the CoreRPG ruleset for <windowtitlebar name=" and you'll see a few examples.

The image is indeed a frame, as Wookiee420 mentions. More info on using a custom frame for a window title here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post341895
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 13th, 2017 at 03:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is really cool, and I am not sure if I missed it, but is there a way to set your own 'tabletop' picture. For example, rather than the standard pictures FG gives us to cycle through I would like to place an overall world map as the tabletop (kind of like the pathfinder module has) so the players have a ready view of the world without having to dig through all the shared pictures. If you can help - Thanks!, if not - Thanks anyway!
    ~Jim

Thread Information