5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thank you!

Thought I'd stop by and say thanks for all the help. Managed to get it all figured out. Here's what it was supposed to look like. Heh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This list is super helpful and awesome, but it might be even more awesome if there were simple charts showing what tag corresponds to what graphic item/button/frame in the themes. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Armandeus View Post
    This list is super helpful and awesome, but it might be even more awesome if there were simple charts showing what tag corresponds to what graphic item/button/frame in the themes. What do you think?
    Yep, I'm quite sure a lot of people would find that useful. Thanks for volunteering to do it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yep, I'm quite sure a lot of people would find that useful. Thanks for volunteering to do it.
    My apologies if I was offensive. I actually have been trying to figure this out on my own with no success. I had assumed the programmers knew, or had a chart, of what was what, but perhaps I was wrong. I am sorry but I am not capable of such a project, and that's why I suggested that someone might be interested. If by suggesting something you are obligated to do it, then I apologize for the suggestion.

My apologies if I was offensive. I actually have been trying to figure this out on my own with no success. I had assumed the programmers knew, or had a chart, of what was what, but perhaps I was wrong. I am sorry but I am not capable of such a project, and that's why I suggested that someone might be interested. If by suggesting something you are obligated to do it, then I apologize for the suggestion.
    He was only trying to motivate you to contribute to the community.

What do you mean by 'tag'. Care to give an example of how the charts would be set up?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Ah, sorry. I just read your post as 'would anyone benefit from me doing this' kind of thing. Your post wasn't offensive in any way - no need for any apology. I just misread it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you both for being understanding. I should have chosen my words better.

I wish I could be of some help somehow.

I have tried to figure out where these graphic parts are to some extent. I tried the excellent theme creator that is posted on the forum, but it doesn't allow you to change fonts, reference window graphics, and so on. It mainly works on the sidebar buttons and desktop.

In particular, even after examining several themes, including the ones in the pak files, I still can't seem to change the bit of graphics under the item title for spells, items, and NPCs. I thought it was frame: ref manual page header ["headerref"], but changing the image associated with this tag doesn't do anything to the area I am trying to change.

To answer Nikademus's question, I imagine a mockup of each frame or dialog, with a bit of text saying this font or this graphic is called such-and-such in the theme file. For example, an image of the Item dialog for one item, showing what portion of the dialog graphics are changed when you change the "headerref" image, or what the font in the header is listed as in the theme so you know what line to edit.
    Last edited by Armandeus; September 4th, 2019 at 04:39.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    I attempted to start this when assembling my themes. To do this right is a TALL order. A lot of the assets are used in multiple window instances. One of the first issues you will run into is how to organize it. There are at least a couple of strategies I considered:

1. Alphabetically
    - Pro's:
    most useful for quick lookup
    - Con's
    since some are used all over the place, you'll have many many instances to show

2. By window / area of the software
    - Pro's:
    less "representative" examples needed
    - Con's:
    harder to lookup specific uses, unless you make an index, which needs to point to each use case

In both of these scenarios, you now have the issue of what format is the "catalog"? Probably a pdf would be the most easily digested / used, suited for the task. In fact, you could use the "find" command to find all of the assets spread across all of the use cases.

Along with this, it would really be great to have actual pixel data for each, this is helpful when setting positions.

This is all quick thought stuff, but it's where I got to after quite a bit of thought. You'll be surprised at how widely used / re-used a lot of these assets are, it quickly becomes a pretty good sized project.

Just a thought as I’m sure you are well on your way through this project...

You could organize all the info by window in an excel sheet... and the user of it could use ctrl+f to find what they want or could sort by whatever they wanted...

Just a thought

Tanx, gents. Old spell scrolls are good to keep around. 3 years old and still yousefull.
    Off to coreRPG.pak to see if Unity is the same. I'll sneak out the back here. Hopefully unnoticed.

Thread Information