STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: AD&D Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    You are welcome.

This is a brand new ruleset. The old ruleset was obsolete and authored by someone else that I don't think has been around for years. As for why this one isn't on the wiki, well, it's only been out for a couple of days. Perhaps someone will take care of that soon enough.

I have never played 2e, but might be able to add some features to make it even more compatible, if people advise me on what is needed to do so. I don't plan to do that soon, however. I'm currently working on our first adventure module. Then will come ensuring the ruleset works with 3.2.2. After I'm sure everything is stable, I will look at making some additions like that.
    Write me a brief description of the ruleset features and Ill trya nd make some time to update it into the Wiki. Need to do some updates for DCC and also add MoreCore at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Good suggestions. Especially about the panel for racial abilities. Hadn't thought of that, but should be able to do something for it.
    Thank you. A racial and a class (too) abilities panel, in fact. Or make a 2-in-1 panel like in the old Labyrinth Lord ruleset to switch between the racial / class abilities and the Weapon Prof. / Turn Undead / Thief Skill.

Sounds intriguing. I don't know how to do that 2-in-1 technique yet. I'll do some investigation. As for what would be on the Racial and Class abilities page, I think it only needs some text boxes to fill in, so it will likely look similar to the notes page. However, I'll take a scan thru the classes again to see if there is anything that sticks out as needing a more powerful treatment like the thief skills and cleric turning did.

I am going to have to freeze the code for right now. I'm nervous about the timing of 3.22 coming out. Currently the ruleset breaks under 3.22. One of my more experienced colleagues is going to help me with that, so I need to stop and not keep changing things before he gets a chance to look at it.

I'm definitely logging down all suggestions, however, and will look to try to implement them after the 3.22 compatibility pass.

In the mean time, I'll give a sneak peak on what I'm currently working on: Attachment 17414. We haven't gotten an agreement in place yet, so there is no guarantee it will see the light of day. I am very confident it will work out though, as I've already exchanged words with the publisher about it.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Make sure you have Doug and/or James handle contacting the publisher!

Yes, already spoke to Doug about it. He told me to go ahead and finish the work, then he would handle the negotiations from there when he had a finished product in hand.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Version 1.2.1 released.

Version 1.2.1
    New Feature: NPC Sheet now has 3 values for AC. C&C AC, AAC, and DAC. AAC and DAC are tied together i.e. changing one, changes the other. C&C AC is the field that the C&C Creatures and Treasures Manual populates. If AAC and DAC are left blank, C&C AC is used. Filling in AAC and DAC results in DAC value being used.
    Bug Fix: Moved some items on the combat tab of the character sheet for cosmetic reasons.

The value that C&C resources (manuals, adventure modules etc) fill in is the C&C AC value. The AAC and DAC values will be blank. The purpose of the C&C AC field is to maintain cross-compatibility with the C&C ruleset.

If you enter new npc's and monsters and want to do so using AD&D descending AC value, put the value into the DAC field. You can leave the C&C AC field blank, if you want, or fill it in if you are making a module you want to be compatible with C&C also. The AAC field will automatically populate when you enter the DAC field value (or vice versa), saving you the step of doing the math.

For combat purposes, the value of DAC is used, unless AAC and DAC are not filled in, in which case, the engine pulls the value in the C&C AC field.

Ok. The code is now frozen until after 3.2.2. release. Any feature and bug requests will be noted, but not acted upon until after compatibility testing with 3.2.2.

Thanks,

Vodokar

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thank you, this has been a God send. to me and my small group. well done.

Version 1.2.2 is ready. This is the update to make it compatible with FG 3.2.2.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

WooHoo!! Game on! Will install when I get home

I did want to thank you again for putting this together. I had a blast tonight playing AD&D for the first time in YEARS!

I didn't go through every response to the original post, and I hope you don't mind, but I would like to put together a small list of possible enhancements:
    Racial bonuses for thieving skills
    Racial bonuses for saves

Thanks again for this ruleset. I truly appreciate it!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Thread Information