Page 3 of 18 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: AD&D Ruleset

  1. #21
    Yeah..encumbrance seems a bit off. with a total point of 1 I am currently overburdened, so the thresholds are off kilter. Add it to the list!

    I'm still having a blast playing around with it. Trying to 'break' it a bit so you have some time to initiate some repairs. I'd hate to find a big bug mid-game

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Yeah..encumbrance seems a bit off. with a total point of 1 I am currently overburdened, so the thresholds are off kilter. Add it to the list!

    I'm still having a blast playing around with it. Trying to 'break' it a bit so you have some time to initiate some repairs. I'd hate to find a big bug mid-game


    I'll take a closer look at encumbrance. That seems odd though, as I didn't touch the encumbrance code at all. It should be working the same as in C&C.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

    Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

    Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

    Current Projects:

    1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

  3. #23
    "EDIT: and the Languages and the Weapon Proficiency are bound together..."

    I was able to fix Weapon Proficiency. Had to slightly modify how it works, but believe this will do the trick. Weapon Proficiency.PNG

    Have some other issues to address, then will get this update out later tonight or tommorrow.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

    Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

    Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

    Current Projects:

    1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Yeah..encumbrance seems a bit off. with a total point of 1 I am currently overburdened, so the thresholds are off kilter. Add it to the list!

    I'm still having a blast playing around with it. Trying to 'break' it a bit so you have some time to initiate some repairs. I'd hate to find a big bug mid-game
    Wow, you are right. Not sure yet what happened here yet. Digging into it. It isn't pulling the Encumbrance Rating at all.

    *****Time Warp ******

    I have returned from the future -- one in which this issue has been fixed. It is now (or should I say, it was working in the future I just came from) working.

    This is what I witnessed.

    This future me decided that it was too important to keep the EV system in place in order to maintain compatibility with C&C resources, however, made a compromise by hooking in secondary strength as an input to give bonuses to Encumbrance Rating.

    Thus, Encumbrance Rating for characters will range from 3 to 18 for primary strength score and up to +6 added to that for your secondary strength score, if your primary strength score is 18, hence a max attainable Encumbrance Rating of 24.

    See how that feels. Now that the structure is in place, the numbers can very easily be adjusted.

    Regarding the actual translation of gold piece weight to EV; that is nebulous. Best estimate I can give is that in AD&D, a strength 9 has "normal" weight allowance, which in the movement section states is about 70 pounds, which equates to 700 gp. Thus, we might assume that EV 9 would be 700 gp. No matter how you look at it though, there is not going to be a neat mathematical progression that you could easily use to translate back and forth. DM will simply have to use their judgment on this. Most items have equivalents in both systems, so if you have a new item and are trying to assign a weight, you have both books to look at and make a judgement.

    Wish I could come up with a cleaner and more faithful system for this, but the technical difficulty pulling that code apart would likely be beyond my ability at this point, nor does it seem worth the time it would take.

    The important thing is that I have the system working now.
    Last edited by vodokar; January 12th, 2017 at 05:12.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

    Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

    Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

    Current Projects:

    1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

  5. #25
    Version 1.2.0 ready.

    Version 1.2.0
    New Feature: Initiative now has the option of using d6, d10, d20 or d100. New is the d6 option.
    New Feature: Encumbrance System now adds a bonus of between 2 to 6 EV onto Encumbrance Rating if your primary strength score is 18 and secondary strength score between 0 and 100.
    Bug Fix: Encumbrance Rating was not calculating. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: Weapon Proficiency list was incorrectly sharing data with Language list. [Fixed]
    Ultimate License Holder GM

    Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

    Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

    Current Projects:

    1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

  6. #26
    Wow...really thank you!!! Why is the ruleset not still stickied in the wiki? for sure it deserve that place!!
    I downoladed it and works very well for what I could see, also i can use it for AD&D 2ed too, given the fact they are 90% compatible.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference http://everytimezone.com/

    - Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    Wow...really thank you!!! Why is the ruleset not still stickied in the wiki? for sure it deserve that place!!
    I downoladed it and works very well for what I could see, also i can use it for AD&D 2ed too, given the fact they are 90% compatible.
    You are welcome.

    This is a brand new ruleset. The old ruleset was obsolete and authored by someone else that I don't think has been around for years. As for why this one isn't on the wiki, well, it's only been out for a couple of days. Perhaps someone will take care of that soon enough.

    I have never played 2e, but might be able to add some features to make it even more compatible, if people advise me on what is needed to do so. I don't plan to do that soon, however. I'm currently working on our first adventure module. Then will come ensuring the ruleset works with 3.2.2. After I'm sure everything is stable, I will look at making some additions like that.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

    Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

    Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

    Current Projects:

    1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Version 1.2.0 ready.

    Version 1.2.0
    New Feature: Initiative now has the option of using d6, d10, d20 or d100. New is the d6 option.
    New Feature: Encumbrance System now adds a bonus of between 2 to 6 EV onto Encumbrance Rating if your primary strength score is 18 and secondary strength score between 0 and 100.
    Bug Fix: Encumbrance Rating was not calculating. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: Weapon Proficiency list was incorrectly sharing data with Language list. [Fixed]
    Thank you ! I like your reactivity

    Some suggestions:

    - ruleset is always named v1.1.0
    - on Combat panel, Initiative field seems broken. You can modify the Surprise field but not the Initiative field (but maybe is normal).
    - still on Combat panel, is it possible to lower the whole AC field, please ? It's "stuck" to the Surprise / Initiative field (it's very cosmetic . Maybe to align "Armor Bonus" with "Melee" on the right column. You have normally enough space between "Tch" score and "SR".
    - and I think it lacks a panel to write racial abilities...

  9. #29
    Good suggestions. Especially about the panel for racial abilities. Hadn't thought of that, but should be able to do something for it.

    I'll take a look at the Initiative field. It is intended to be able to put in a modifier.

    As for moving the AC frame, that also could be done. It is currently in the same place that it was in C&C, but I squeezed in the surprise field in between, so that decreased the space between the initiative frame and the ac frame.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

    Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

    Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

    Current Projects:

    1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    You are welcome.

    This is a brand new ruleset. The old ruleset was obsolete and authored by someone else that I don't think has been around for years. As for why this one isn't on the wiki, well, it's only been out for a couple of days. Perhaps someone will take care of that soon enough.

    I have never played 2e, but might be able to add some features to make it even more compatible, if people advise me on what is needed to do so. I don't plan to do that soon, however. I'm currently working on our first adventure module. Then will come ensuring the ruleset works with 3.2.2. After I'm sure everything is stable, I will look at making some additions like that.
    Yeah, stability comes first, no use into developing or adding features to something that could break easily.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference http://everytimezone.com/

    - Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in