5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 18 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: AD&D Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    I know that multiclassing is something you are looking into for future releases, and maybe not the highest priority, but is there a way to adjust the class fields so that if thief or cleric is added to either the 2nd or 3rd field space that the proper numbers will populate in abilities/turning as necessary. Those ability fields can't be manually populated, and I know that alot of my players will be looking for some sort of multiclass characters.

We play alot of CnC so this is simply done with skill check rolls and not against tables in that ruleset.

BTW...layering on top of the CnC ruleset is working great for me. Allowed me to start building an adventure immediately! Looking to start playing as soon as I have some structure, so thanks again for building this!

While the full rollout of multiclassing (including automatic combat adjustment and saving throw adjustment) is still a ways out (you wouldn't believe how complex the code can get when you have to account for all those variables), I believe that I can get the thieves' skills and cleric turns modified to check for the 2nd and 3rd class sooner. Good catch on that -- I had actually forgotten all about those.

In the mean time, you can manually populate them by holding down the control key and using your mouse wheel, which populates the mini-modifier field to make the adjustment.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nice work Vodokar, I shall give this a whirl with my oldies group
    Zeus, coming from you, that is a great compliment and greatly appreciated. By your example, you were the one the one's that inspired me to get involved more in the community and do more. So, thank you for that.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    vodokar do not be distressed when bug reports start coming in... there will be many for a new ruleset

Im seeing all spells etc but many of my monsters are not displaying their tokens... possibly all of them are not. Those that dont have tokens are displaying the letter but those with tokens are not showing them.
    I logged into the C&C ruleset last night to check out the "normal" behavior of the Creatures and Treasures manual with respect to populating the tokens in the npc sheets. They are not displaying there either. So, either the creator of that module did not populate them or there is some error in the C&C ruleset that got carried over to the AD&D ruleset with respect to this. Likely nothing I will be able to do to fix this issue since it originates in the parent ruleset and module.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Version 1.1.0 Released - see Post #1.

Version 1.1.0
    New Feature: Multi-Classing for Thief Skills and Cleric Turning now auto-populates the appropriate numbers when using Class and Level fields for 2nd and 3rd class.
    Bug Fix: Tooltips for Cleric Turning were not displaying the proper information for definition of Turn Numbers. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: Not all sidebar buttons were displaying properly; namely ones in the library that normally don't display in gm mode. [Fixed] Thanks Damned.

Still on the Feature Request List:

Making Multi-Classing work with saving throw population and combat tables.
    Adding Secondary (percentile) Strength to NPC sheet of monsters and npcs.

Possible addition:

Adding a box on the npc sheet for descending AC. Currently, there is only one box. It doesn't matter if you enter AC as Ascending or Descending, as the ruleset engine knows to interpret either one. In order to maintain backwards compatibility of any future AD&D adventure modules with the C&C ruleset, I will be entering npc's as Ascending AC, but thought it would be nice to have a second box that showed the corresponding Descending Value also. A nice, though not totally necessary feature.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Great work so far!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Wow..thanks for the quick work on those field adjustments! Now the Fighter/Thief I KNOW someone will be playing will be easier to track.

It's nice !

But just one thing, initiative seems set on a d10 dice like in C&C. But in AD&D you must roll a d6...
    Surprise roll is ok but not initiative roll.

Thanks.

EDIT: and the Languages and the Weapon Proficiency are bound together...
    And you use the Encumbrance rule from C&C...
    Last edited by Vackipleur; January 11th, 2017 at 22:26.

1. Initiative currently has 3 options: d10, d20 or d100 (which were the existing options from C&C). I'll see if I can add in a d6 option, but didn't feel it was a priority item at the time.
    2. I'll look at the weapon proficiency. Likely I made a simple mistake that should be easy to fix.
    3. I do use the C&C Encumbrance - as that gave compatibility with the equipment from the C&C manual, but am investigating a way do a conversion to the AD&D gold piece encumbrance system.

Those things are now on my list.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    It's nice !

But just one thing, initiative seems set on a d10 dice like in C&C. But in AD&D you must roll a d6...
    Surprise roll is ok but not initiative roll.

Thanks.

EDIT: and the Languages and the Weapon Proficiency are bound together...
    And you use the Encumbrance rule from C&C...
    There will likely be lots of Castles&Crusades pieces found. Building it on C&C means that you have immediately access to a full MM and Equipment and Spells so its definitely worth the trade off.

Thread Information