5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 16 of 18 First ... 61415161718 Last

Thread: AD&D Ruleset

Krimson, Can you post a screen shot pointing to this "Ally" box so that I know what you are referring to.

The only thing that I am aware of is this: Attachment 18693 on the combat tracker, which also exists on the AD&D ruleset combat tracker with the exact same functionality: default of hostile, but can be clicked to set as friendly or neutral.

If someone that is a pro with C&C knows of what this "Ally" feature is and what it does can explain to me, I'll see if I can track it down.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Hmm... You might want to disregard that last question. My apologies. I may have seen that feature in a different ruleset as I can't seem to see it now. Or, somehow C&C glitched because I had to delete my previous test game as it was crashing the client.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    I may have seen that feature in a different ruleset...
    Savage Worlds probably.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Latest improvements coming in the next update.

I have now added weapon damage types which act against damage resistances, damage immunities and damage vulnerabilities.

This is the collapsed view of the weapons section: Attachment 18850. Let's expand the first weapon entry: Attachment 18851. I input a damage type piercing.

Let's see what that does.
    Attachment 18852 First was against a target with no resistance. It shows the damage type piercing, but does full damage, because there was no resistance. Second was a creature that had an effect RESIST: 4 piercing applied to it. It shows that the damage was partially resisted.

Damage Types Allowed: acid, cold, electricity, fire, poison, sonic, adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, magic, mithral, piercing, silver, slashing, nonlethal

Limitations:
    It is possible to add more than one damage type separated by a comma. ex. piercing, acid, magic However, resistances treat the entire damage value as being limited to the level of the resistance i.e. if you did 1d6 piercing, acid damage with a roll of 6 to a creature that had RESIST: 5 acid, you would do 1 damage due to the acid resistance even though it isn't resistant to piercing. Not perfect.

Also, if you wanted a weapon that did bonus damage of a specific type, you would have to create a different weapon to apply that ex. 1st weapon copy: 1d6 piercing and 2nd weapon copy: 1d4 acid to make a weapon that does 1d6 piercing + 1d4 acid. Again, not perfect.

Not sure if I can work past those limitations, but, still, it's better than what we had before, which was nothing.

Resistances have to be put into effects that are dropped on creatures.

Commands are:
    IMMUNE: damagetype
    RESIST: # damagetype
    VULN: # damagetype

Leaving # blank in RESIST and VULN defaults to half damage.

And for you magic afficianado's out there, I got you covered also. Attachment 18853. It works just like the weapon damage.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Quite nifty I must say, will automate things quite a bit when resistances and immunities come into play. Thank you for your continuing work on the ruleset, Vodokar.

Looks great!! Can't wait to test that out...thanks for that work.

The new version 1.3.7 as promised. Has the features previously mentioned. Didn't get to adding anything else not yet mentioned. Get it here.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Discovering your work was the only reason I took the plunge and ordered the Ultimate edition. I've coaxed my old friends Junior High and High School to play and am working on an old-skool campaign as I write this. Thanks so much for all your hard work. If there's a new thread where the discussion is still on-going it would be great to post it here so others can pick up the trail and follow your work. Kudos and thanks again!

Hey Vodoker, I've been feeling around the forums in hopes of eventually purchasing FG. My whole post is here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dowofDemonLord

The jist of it is that I intend to play 5e on FG (which is obviously no problem) but I am also hoping to "invest in the future" because I definitely see myself playing Lamentations of the Flame Princess (and Shadow of the Demon Lord) in the near future. I've seen your name pop up in google searches of such subjects relating to FG which kind of mention how your ample AD&D rule set here is basically the OSR/Boxset rule set for Lamentations and would require possible the least conversions or headache. I'll shoot straight with you - right now I have zero experience in running AD&D (I only run 5e) but I've read Lamentations rules so any jargon may go over my head in ways. As the "expert" on the matter what are your thoughts and opinions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Geist View Post
    Hey Vodoker, I've been feeling around the forums in hopes of eventually purchasing FG. My whole post is here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dowofDemonLord

The jist of it is that I intend to play 5e on FG (which is obviously no problem) but I am also hoping to "invest in the future" because I definitely see myself playing Lamentations of the Flame Princess (and Shadow of the Demon Lord) in the near future. I've seen your name pop up in google searches of such subjects relating to FG which kind of mention how your ample AD&D rule set here is basically the OSR/Boxset rule set for Lamentations and would require possible the least conversions or headache. I'll shoot straight with you - right now I have zero experience in running AD&D (I only run 5e) but I've read Lamentations rules so any jargon may go over my head in ways. As the "expert" on the matter what are your thoughts and opinions?
    Unfortunately Vodokar has been away for a while - he is still around just not able to participate on the forums at the moment.
    This extension does a few things:

It uses DESC AC, it uses the Goldenrod graphic character sheet and it converts all the Castles&Crusades monsters to AD&D stats.
    Its pretty cool. You do need the CnC ruleset ($10) and you then have all your required content.
    From what I understand LoftFP is probably closer to B/X in terms of mechanics (which is still not far from either AD&D or CnC) but its the story and theme that differs far more greatly.

The other very excellent AD&D ruleset is the one from Celestian which started from the 5E base.

Thread Information