STAR TREK 2d20

Map Sizing Issue

Good morning Gents

I am sure there is a post around here somewhere about this but I cant seem to find it. I have an issue where probably 80% of the maps I load in are absolutely huge, and I cant find any way to resize them. I am not sure if this is a setting in FG that can be adjusted or if it has to do with the image size being used or what. I don't think it is image size because I was experimenting with it yesterday and I shrunk a map down pretty small before adding it into FG and when I loaded it in there it was still huge but now it was really distorted, like it had just zoomed it way in.

This is an issue in some of the content from the store as well. I am running a group through Lost Mine of Phandelver right now and the Sword Coast map for the players is that way, but the DM copy is a nice usable size. Its really frustrating. Thanks for any help!

Dont know if it matters but I am running FG on a Windows 10 pc and using 5e ruleset

You can resize maps by holding down the CTRL key and the left mouse button and moving the mouse around. You can also use the small icon on the bottom right to zoom in and out (again hold CTRL and the left mouse button and move the mouse). You can also resize as normal by grabbing the bottom right of the window and dragging. You can also zoom by moving the mouse wheel in and out. Right click on the map and select resize to put it back to the size it started as. Click and hold the left mouse button to move the map around.

I've probably forgotten a few others but these should solve your problem. If not post back.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

See the video here for a guide to quick resizing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post304700

Also, if you resize a map file that had been added to Fantasy Grounds outside of FG, the next time you open it FG will have remembered the previous window size - this is why you saw the distorted image when you resized the map outside of FG. But, you just follow the steps in the video to get it to adjust to the right size.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That worked perfectly guys, thanks! I've been fighting that for weeks now because I was too stubborn to come on here and ask for help.

Thread Information