DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Volo's Guide - Yuan Ti Temple map

This map is apparently not treated as a map in the FG mod. What I mean by that is that it is included only as a picture (called Yuan-Ti-lair) at low resolution, instead of having (relatively) higher definition images in a player and dm version like all the other maps in Volo's Guide. I looked at the artist's web store, and the dm/player versions definitely exist, so my question is: was this an intentional exclusion so that Jared Blando could have exclusive digital distribution of the map (although all the others were included in the FG mod) or is this an accidental oversight?

I'm hoping it is the latter, and that I can look forward to having the YT lair map download in an upcoming update. I hate to seem cheap, but having bought both the hardcover and the FG module, it would chafe a bit to have to buy the map, too.

I'm running a game right now but I'll have a look later. It certainly isn't the case that it was done so the autor would get exclusive digital rights. However the maps that Jared has on his website are generally much better quality than the ones that end up in the book. I think in this case I didn't provide a separate map because it didn't look very suitable for use as a VTT map. But as I say I'll have a look later.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, I had a look and it is possible to get player maps out of the resources I got. Not entirely sure why I didn't do player maps but it is doable. I'll need to chop it up though since it would be silly all on one map (and it would be too big memory wise) and getting a grid on it would be impossible. The DM one could do with being higher quality too. I'll add that to my list of things to update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, I look forward to it.

I have updated Volo's guide to include a better DM map and battlemaps for the Yuan-Ti temple levels 1-5. Expect the amended module to be released with v3.2.2 which is currently in test.

Thanks Zac

Was the change above just done for certain maps in Volo's? I was looking at the orc stronghold specifically, and although it's accessible as an image in Volo's, it's not one of the maps listed in the Maps section (Volo Map List.jpg). Thanks!

(Or can the images from the "Artwork" folder be used as battlemaps? I see I can add a grid to them.)
    Last edited by BrettM; April 4th, 2020 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    Was the change above just done for certain maps in Volo's? I was looking at the orc stronghold specifically, and although it's accessible as an image in Volo's, it's not one of the maps listed in the Maps section (). Thanks!

(Or can the images from the "Artwork" folder be used as battlemaps? I see I can add a grid to them.)
    It isn't - for whatever reason - listed under the maps group. But it is listed in Artwork (Orc-Stronghold-Players)

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It isn't - for whatever reason - listed under the maps group. But it is listed in Artwork (Orc-Stronghold-Players)
    Thanks Zacchaeus. Can the image in the Artwork folder be used as a battlemap? It seems it has most of the functionality of a battlemap, save not being able to unlock it, nor access the Toolbar that can appear on a Map. Other than that, seems to be able to work fine (add a grid; drag CT tokens; etc.)?

Yes, it doesn't matter what group the image is in; it can be used as a battlemap.

Thread Information