DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Reset Hit Dice?

Reset Hit Dice?

Was playing around with character creation and rolled my hit dice... It disappeared out of the HD box and now I can't figure out how to make it go back...

Level 1 character - Should have 1 HD after a rest... How do I tell FG to rest my character?

Thanks!

The GM can trigger a rest. See #13 in the Main tab screenshot here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Sheet#Main_Tab
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, I believe the player can right click on their character sheet to rest as well.

The GM can invoke a rest from each sheet individually or from the CT menu for the group.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, I believe the player can right click on their character sheet to rest as well.
    I thought this as well but I can't get it to work; possibly because I'm joining my own game? Or possibly it was removed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I thought this as well but I can't get it to work; possibly because I'm joining my own game? Or possibly it was removed.
    Joining your own game doesn't make a difference in terms of player functionality - if you can't see it while connecting using localhost then you won't see it any way/how. I think it's been removed (was it ever there?).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Joining your own game doesn't make a difference in terms of player functionality - if you can't see it while connecting using localhost then you won't see it any way/how. I think it's been removed (was it ever there?).
    I could have sworn that it was when I was writing up the Wiki articles but I am, as you know, very old so it could be that memory is playing tricks on me. Also I hesitate to contradict Moon Wizard so I was sort of keeping my options open and not just coming out and saying that it was not so
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus is correct. It's one of the drawbacks to working on the same stuff for so long.

It was probably removed as too easy for players to "mess up" and rest before the GM agrees that the rest was successful before recovering spells/abilities/etc.

Another way to reset the hit dice used up from the player or GM side is to click on the class details link, and manually set the HD Used field for each class to zero.

Cheers,
    JPG

Dice have been removed from my players character sheets, and using right clicking players character sheets and clicking Long Rest isn't restoring their Hit Dice.bug.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StuffedCrustPizza View Post
    Dice have been removed from my players character sheets, and using right clicking players character sheets and clicking Long Rest isn't restoring their Hit Dice.
    Welcome to the forums.

That's not Hit Dice. HD are on the first page of the character, but what you want are damage dice. Click the magnifying glass to the right of the "fire" line. That will open an editor that will allow you to specify (drag in) the damage dice you want the spell to deal.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information