5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    In real I dont see a way to show darkvision as well or torchlight... FG can do this.
    So it's not wrong to ask for a function to implement a following aura (character-box around him)?
    With what I would be able to create NPC with slow aura as well.

But btw.. To add an effect to FG what does -50% movement cant be hard to programm..?

Well I would like to give random or fixed loot to single monsters.
    I actually work with the story, parcels and encounters but searching for the item all the time again isn't fun.
    In real I would be able to write down the loot as well to the monster, so why can't it be cool to have the chance to do it in FG as well?

And I use FG instead of Roll20 cuz of its cool automatisations. Don't you Devs want to make your programm even more cool at all?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkenix View Post
    In real I dont see a way to show darkvision as well or torchlight... FG can do this.
    So it's not wrong to ask for a function to implement a following aura (character-box around him)?
    With what I would be able to create NPC with slow aura as well.
    Their have been one or two technology demonstration extensions that place an aura around a token for visual use only that I have seen since being on the forums. But, as far as I know none of them were deemed stable enough to fully develop or for the community developer to maintain.

Of course you can always ask for a new function. Do so here; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

My response was not intended to discourage you, but rather inform on the approach FG takes as well as some of what is likely and not likely to be implemented.

But btw.. To add an effect to FG what does -50% movement cant be hard to programm..?
    As I said, right now FG does nothing with movement. The only thing it knows even related is distance between two points. So a complete movement model and logic would have to built. And of course with RPGs, rules are complex and full of exceptions, and exceptions to the exceptions. Some of the simplest exceptions are diagonals and hard corners. But then get into partial movement, difficult terrain, effects, etc etc.

So first you would have to do that, then you would have to program an effect for it.
    My experience tells me that such a benefit, calculating movement, is something that the FG devs see as having a small return on a very large resource investment. But, maybe I'm wrong, or maybe the community sees such as a huge benefit, that's why their is the wishlist, to communicate these ideas to the devs, and for the community to inform the devs what improvements they see as the most valuable.

I actually work with the story, parcels and encounters but searching for the item all the time again isn't fun.
    In real I would be able to write down the loot as well to the monster, so why can't it be cool to have the chance to do it in FG as well?

And I use FG instead of Roll20 cuz of its cool automatisations. Don't you Devs want to make your programm even more cool at all?
    First, I'm not a dev. I'm just a user like you You will see the devs are active on the forums here, but their names will all have the "Developer" tag on them.

The devs here do listen to the community. A few examples;
    - Check out the workshop thread, there the devs often get in highly technical discussions with community developers and help them develop code for community extensions.
    - As mentioned before, check out the wishlist. Though their are a lot of ideas on there and no one marks them 'closed' or 'implemented' a great many of the ideas there have already been incorporated. Here's an idea I suggested 10 days ago, and either because it was added to the wishlist or coincidence, it's already slated for the next version; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=122026
    - You'll note that their are weekly updates and corrections to the DLC. Checkout the City Hall for these announcements.
    - There are regular updates with release notes. Check out the last release notes with a summary of what was added with the current release.
    - Want to see what's coming in the next update? You can join the public beta testing, see the Laboratory. Want to just see what's being added in 3.3.7? Then browse through this post and you can see what the devs are adding; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v3-3-7

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FG doesn't have dynamic lighting or any functions for aura's. This may well be something which is implemented in Unity but the current version doesn't have it.

Similarly there are no effects which reduce movement and since FG doesn't limit movement of any token on the map this is something that you would do manually. You could create an effect as a reminder on the character that movement is restricted.
    To give out random loot you could create a table with random values of coins or any other treasure that you want and output the result to a treasure parcel. Link the table to the story entry containing the NPCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I forgot to answer this part;
    I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem.

If you mean you want to link a item object to an NPC object, then you have to do that either by putting the item on the "Other" tab of the NPC, or, like I said before, you normally link both a NPC and a Parcel through a story entry. Have you tried linking the item on the Other tab?

Note, it will only link the item, it will not update the statistics of the NPC. There is no ability to do that.

Also, if you are creating lots of NPC's, have you looked at Engineer Suite by Maasq on the forums here? It has a function called NPC Engineer that might be along the lines of what you are looking for.

Now, as for random items, you have to use one of the FG functions that has the ability to randomly return results. The simplest of these are random tables. For creating a random item table see; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Treasure_Table

There are also Story Templates that can be used to create random stuff that might be of interest as well; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...tory_Templates

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well you guys are good.
    I will check out your ideas later home.
    What I read till now sounds great to me. ☺

If I don't forget to update this post after testing, don't be mad to me please. ��

Blog Entries
    If I don't forget to update this post after testing, don't be mad to me please. ��
    We don't get mad, we get even! Just Kidding

It really takes a lot to get the folks around here riled up. We pretty much always assume everyone is genuine and nice and they have to work hard to prove otherwise. Its just best if we always assume people are misunderstood or frustrated rather than actually mad etc.

Best of luck and if you remember, let us know how it goes

I'd like to add the details for customizing spellcasting saving throws and attacks.

The [NPC] is a nth-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is [ability] (spell save DC #, +# to hit with spell attacks). The [NPC] has the following spells prepared.
    Cantrips (at will): <spell name>,<spell name>
    1st level (4 slots): <spell name>, <spell name>
    2nd level (2 slots): <spell name>, <spell name>

That will set the DC level and attack bonuses to what ever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jkagie View Post
    I'd like to add the details for customizing spellcasting saving throws and attacks.

The [NPC] is a nth-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is [ability] (spell save DC #, +# to hit with spell attacks). The [NPC] has the following spells prepared.
    Cantrips (at will): <spell name>,<spell name>
    1st level (4 slots): <spell name>, <spell name>
    2nd level (2 slots): <spell name>, <spell name>

That will set the DC level and attack bonuses to what ever you want.
    Included. I originally left this out because the post was too long, but I've edited bits out so that this can be squeezed in
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi. I am interested in adding a healing potion action to my NPC (basically a one time regeneration effect). Is there a way to add this so that a HEAL action will be added to the CT? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhyanchand View Post
    Hi. I am interested in adding a healing potion action to my NPC (basically a one time regeneration effect). Is there a way to add this so that a HEAL action will be added to the CT? Thanks.
    Just create a new action in the actions tab. Put it in a group something like Consumables and make it have a heal action. You can even give it quantities if you want.

Edit: if you need details on how to do that, just ask

Thread Information