DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by lasmela View Post
    Thanks Zacchaeus for expanding on the effects. Do you know which traits do have an impact on the automation. I did check some and nearly all i checked didn't work.

traits that are hard to automate because the condition for it to trigger is not within fantasy grounds:
    • Magic Resistance (trigger for magic attack is not on the save while dropping the save on the NPC)
    • Brave (trigger for frightened is not on the save while dropping the save on the NPC)
    • Sunlight Sensitivity (trigger for sunlight is not in fantasygrounds)
    • Stone Camouflage (trigger for the rocky terrain is not in fantasygrounds)
    • Keen Hearing & Keen Senses (the triggers for the hearing and the other senses are not on the saving throws)
    • Siege Monster (Objects and structures are not recognized)
    • Reflective Carapace (Does not recognize the condition)
    With many of these it is impossible to automate without taking away the freedom to house rule and home brew. Which is why Fantasy Grounds provides custom effects DMs and players can apply and remove themselves. There is a button at the top right of the FG desktop called "Effects" which opens a window that allows you to drag and drop the buttons onto the characters and NPCs. You can also create special effects that can be shared by everyone.

Magic Resistance is now handled by Fantasy Grounds automatically. All NPCs with the magic resistance trait should now roll saving throws with advantage when attacked with a spell. If you are not seeing this could you report any NPCs which don’t exhibit this behaviour.

You are correct that the others you mention are not recognised. In some cases, for example conditions such as frightened, can’t be saved against. You don’t actually save against the condition but against a specific DC using whatever ability specified in the spell or whatever.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I double checked the part of the Magic Resistance and naturally you are right Zacchaeus that normally it should work when the syntax of the spells or magical effects are correct.
    I did try it with a Demilichs Life drain and there it won't add the magic property to the save. The Life Drain is created as an action and therefore the it's not recognized as a spell. When Magic Resistance should be triggered by these actions, the syntax should have magically in front of the damage. So like this:
    The target must succeed on a DC x <ability> saving throw or magically take x(ndn+y) <type> damage

Blog Entries
    So I'm looking to put Cloak of Flies (the warlock invocation) on an NPC. Not sure theirs much that can be parsed,other than the damage. Any thoughts? Here's what I've written;
    As a bonus action, Rhoswen can surround herself in a magical aura that looks like buzzing flies. The aura extends 5 feet from her in every direction, but not through total cover. The aura grants her advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks but disadvantage on all other Charisma checks. Any other creature that starts it turn in the aura takes 4 poison damage.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think you are right the only thing that the parser will pick up is the damage bit.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

One thing I didnt see in the first post was how to add non-spell healing powers. I found an example in the Solar. "The target magically regains 6 (1d4 + 2) hit points." or "A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 2d8 + 2."
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    One thing I didnt see in the first post was how to add non-spell healing powers. I found an example in the Solar. "The target magically regains 6 (1d4 + 2) hit points." or "A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 2d8 + 2."
    Well, using the solar example, it looks like the correct text would be;
    "... regains # (xdn + n) hit points..."
    Though I have not tested it
    Screen Shot 11-01-18 at 09.52 PM.PNG

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, it is as LE says.

Hello Folks.
    I'm actually into creating mini-bosses for my group and the functions of FG are a bit low I must say.
    ~Or I'm not smart enough to find them*

I want to create a monster that can halve the players movement speed on a 60 ft. range (aura or spell) till the end of the fight (or even to the next short rest, guess thats more possible?).

Is there a way to make this possible?

Devs:
    Also I cant find a way to give creatures fix possible loot drop chance to the player who last hit it for example.
    I played Tibia for a long time and it was great to have the chance of giving mobs a %-Chance to drop "item".
    Maybe fantasy grounds can do that as well? Even adding fix loot to mobs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkenix View Post
    Hello Folks.
    I'm actually into creating mini-bosses for my group and the functions of FG are a bit low I must say.
    ~Or I'm not smart enough to find them*

I want to create a monster that can halve the players movement speed on a 60 ft. range (aura or spell) till the end of the fight (or even to the next short rest, guess thats more possible?).

Is there a way to make this possible?

Devs:
    Also I cant find a way to give creatures fix possible loot drop chance to the player who last hit it for example.
    I played Tibia for a long time and it was great to have the chance of giving mobs a %-Chance to drop "item".
    Maybe fantasy grounds can do that as well? Even adding fix loot to mobs?
    How would you do this at the table when you are using pen and paper? Start by doing it the same way in FG.

Remember, FG is designed to be a virtual Table Top and not a digital game engine.

So, to create a monster that 'can halve the players' movement speed...' just give it the ability or trait or action and in words say exactly that. FG does not track token movement, so their is no way to automate an effect that affects movement. You can create an effect that reminds you and the players that their movement is half and give it an appropriate duration and add it to the PC on the CT so everyone can see it.

'drop' 'mob's and 'loot' are Fnot G terms, so I have to assume a little bit about what you mean here. But here's how I do what you want (maybe?) in FG.

Create a Story entry for the situation/combat/fight. On that story entry, make a link to the Encounter which includes the various NPCs you want to fight. On that story entry include a link to the Parcel that includes the items/loot you want to party to receive when they defeat the creatures. When they defeat the creatures, assign them the parcel by dragging it onto the parcel sheet.

If you want random treasure rather than a fixed treasure, setup a random treasure table using the Tables with an output of Parcel and use that instead of the link to the Parcel in the story entry.

Thread Information