STAR TREK 2d20

Shadowrun 5e, who runs it?

I'm curious how many other GMs run SR5e? I know Fenloe made a wonderful SR4e ruleset which has some compatibility, I ended up using a slightly modified version of CoreRPG to suit my needs along with a custom theme.

I had been personally debating about forking Fenloe's SR4e and building SR5e atop it, but without contact with Fenloe I'd rather not for ethical reasons. That leaves the option open to perhaps create a SR5e ruleset from scratch. I'm not a huge fan for large LUA endeavors as I consider it a mini scriptlet language rather than something that can support a framework so I'm pretty hesitant to make this dive. There's also the spectre of other platforms that allow C# and Java which I work far faster in so I could run SR5e there and continue PF here.

Cheers.

Talk to Ian, his re-written 4e CoreRPG set is pretty good, and has expressed interest in doing 5e, but AFAIK he isn't playing 5e at the moment so there isn't much urgency on his part. I think the limits are going to be issues from an automation standpoint.

Having just finished CoC7e SR5 has moved up the list. I'll be working on it this year for sure.

If you want, we could collab on it to finish it faster.

Create a repo on Github and we can bump heads on this. Drop some issues and I'll take a few swings at it.

Hi Ken,

Would you be willing to share your mod for SR5? I've been tinkering with it myself, just for hit counting and ended up using a custom die since the scripting is a bit beyond me at the moment (but more fun than I thought it would be). That and letting go of 2nd Ed. is proving to be difficult.

Damned's Rollover script was also very useful.

Great news Ian - good luck with the new version!

Cheers,

Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Magraff View Post
    Hi Ken,

Would you be willing to share your mod for SR5?
    Not really, as I basically just added a character sheet with a few touches of Traveller so it wouldn't be useful for anyone else except my groups. In addition the theme is customized for my Evenstar campaign and exclusive for my group. Ian or Fen's ruleset would be more useful as long as you resolve attacks manually.

Do you use anything special for hit/glitch counting?

Thanks,

Mag

Nope, all I have is a character sheet with fillable fields, no different than a spreadsheet without calculations. I honestly spent more time on the theme than the character sheet.

I'm on the fence about starting up a Shadowrun game, though I had some concerns in view of the existing ruleset being 4th rather than 5th. As someone who isn't familiar with fiddling about with FG rulesets and addons, how much work would I need to do to make it workable with minimal automation? All I'd really want are fillable character sheets with the ability to figure out the results of die rolls, though not compute pools or modifiers. I've never been one to make too much use of FG's automation anyway, as I have a tendency to run systems that aren't particularly mechanical anyway (Gumshoe, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hammer View Post
    I'm on the fence about starting up a Shadowrun game, though I had some concerns in view of the existing ruleset being 4th rather than 5th. As someone who isn't familiar with fiddling about with FG rulesets and addons, how much work would I need to do to make it workable with minimal automation? All I'd really want are fillable character sheets with the ability to figure out the results of die rolls, though not compute pools or modifiers. I've never been one to make too much use of FG's automation anyway, as I have a tendency to run systems that aren't particularly mechanical anyway (Gumshoe, for example).
    It's not bad at all. You can create custom character sheets in CoreRPG (link) and can use a Custom Die to show hits (but not glitches).

The Successes Extension (link) is good and the Rollover function in MoreCore is even better, since it can use the Modifier.
    Last edited by Magraff; January 8th, 2017 at 01:30. Reason: Added xml file

Thread Information