DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    I'd like some good variety of "starter area" modules which give an village(best) or maybe town and immediate area with perhaps simple caves/ruin/tomb to explore.

Think Village of Hommlett.

There were several decently created villages in past from detailed to not so much, I recall Lendor Isles, Against the Reptile God?, Keep?, etc.
    Then there were the set of villages/towns in Haranshire (Into the Night?)

I remember, on the other extreme being filled with possibility reading the books on Sanctuary (Thieves World, Chaosium) and Carse (Midkemia Press - still putting out old PDFs, I bought them again) and Tulan of the Isles. Those were intriguing, but I'm sure fraught with licensing difficulties.

Ummm... if ever Castle Zagyg/Yggsburgh could ever emerge from Denied Rights hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanbie View Post
    If there is one thing that I feel is lacking from 5e modules its the lack of random tables that assist in 'Gotcha' situations.
    My players want to know all about the:
    • name of the Bar in town
    • details of the Barkeep
    • rumors in the Bar
    • names of the people in the bar
    • how many windows the bar has
    • the stock of the shops in town
    • the prices that those items fetch (not necessarily the actual worth, to allow for surplus/demand roleplay)
    • the food that the Inn serves

And as a DM i want:
    • Stat blocks for the locals
    • Stat blocks for the inevitable brawl at the barn
    • The health of the town
    • Stat blocks

Basically I want an expansion of the story templates provided by the WotC DMG module; both for creating adventures and for quick make-me-up references.
    Check out DOE's Locations extension, it might not be quite what you are looking for, but it's a good start.

So a couple of things I forgot to mention a few things that I think would definitely be helpful (some of which I use pretty extensively when prepping). They are all in print/digital form but would translate into some fantastic tables that help flesh things out when putting an adventure together.

1. Your Whispering Homonculus by Kobold Press/Richard Pett. This contains numerous tables that cover a ton of different subjects. There are two books out of these but Kobold Press also features them regularly on their blog on their website. Here is an example: Your Whispering Homunculus: Obscure Symbols and Portents, Part 1.
    2. All the fantastic resources by Raging Swan Press. Originally geared for Pathfinder, but they now offer System Neutral and 5e stuff. However, their free resources are all pretty neutral and are excellent. They also have a village backdrop line that comes in free & paid (more in-depth) that are great. I back their patreon and get some excellent material from it. Example: https://www.ragingswan.com/free-resources/
    3. There was also a recent Kickstarter from a small publisher called Limitless Adventures. They routinely put out small PDF supplements monthly for things like encounters, locations, etc. I just received the Kickstarter rewards for their Limitless Encounters campaign and it is well done. Something like this would also be great. https://www.limitless-adventures.com/.

These types of things that could be used to add flavor and color would be excellent. Additionally, it might be possible to work with these small publishers to get their content added to Fantasy Grounds and for sale via DMsG, RPGNow, FG Store, etc.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    As a... (clears throat obnoxiously) "developer", It would be nice to have some beta testers that will give some constructive feedback on early versions, without having to make wide releases on the forum to the entire community. So, like, extensions, mods, etc. that would be sent in PMs and kept at that until a full version can be released...

One thing I would like to see is a content delivery system for developers. Such as a developer could submit an module/extensions/addin and then the players have a list to choose from for installation. A good example is the Curse client and the way it deploys mods for WoW and other games. GM's could cherry pick their custom content and flag up new versions.

I know the store is one way this could work but its not so geared for developers of community items.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Maps, Maps and Maps.

I don't have the talent to make good maps. My PC's might find themselves in a Tavern, Alley Way or Forest and I need a map. It gets boring using the sames ones over and over.

Hands outs.
    If there is one thing I appreciate and miss from running Pathfinder Adventures is the numerous handouts they had for the PC. Putting a quest for the PC's to look at is nice but handouts are more effective.

Good content everyone. I have a feeling this year will be very good for GMs. *wink wink*
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    So a couple of things I forgot to mention a few things that I think would definitely be helpful (some of which I use pretty extensively when prepping). They are all in print/digital form but would translate into some fantastic tables that help flesh things out when putting an adventure together.

1. Your Whispering Homonculus by Kobold Press/Richard Pett. This contains numerous tables that cover a ton of different subjects. There are two books out of these but Kobold Press also features them regularly on their blog on their website. Here is an example: Your Whispering Homunculus: Obscure Symbols and Portents, Part 1.
    2. All the fantastic resources by Raging Swan Press. Originally geared for Pathfinder, but they now offer System Neutral and 5e stuff. However, their free resources are all pretty neutral and are excellent. They also have a village backdrop line that comes in free & paid (more in-depth) that are great. I back their patreon and get some excellent material from it. Example: https://www.ragingswan.com/free-resources/
    3. There was also a recent Kickstarter from a small publisher called Limitless Adventures. They routinely put out small PDF supplements monthly for things like encounters, locations, etc. I just received the Kickstarter rewards for their Limitless Encounters campaign and it is well done. Something like this would also be great. https://www.limitless-adventures.com/.

These types of things that could be used to add flavor and color would be excellent. Additionally, it might be possible to work with these small publishers to get their content added to Fantasy Grounds and for sale via DMsG, RPGNow, FG Store, etc.
    Conversions of products from official companies are handled by Smiteworks. This thread is for community developers to make products for the DMsG. We can't make those exact products, but similar content could be made for 5e. While I have many of those products, care to list what assets in them you want specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by ll00ll00ll00ll View Post
    As a... (clears throat obnoxiously) "developer", It would be nice to have some beta testers that will give some constructive feedback on early versions, without having to make wide releases on the forum to the entire community. So, like, extensions, mods, etc. that would be sent in PMs and kept at that until a full version can be released...
    This is an interesting response. I had intended this thread to be for the consumers to post desires for the developers, but the idea of developers posting wants is also valid. A small playtesting community for the community devs would be a good facet to add. (By the way, PMs can't transfer files so you'll need email or file hosting.)

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    One thing I would like to see is a content delivery system for developers. Such as a developer could submit an module/extensions/addin and then the players have a list to choose from for installation. A good example is the Curse client and the way it deploys mods for WoW and other games. GM's could cherry pick their custom content and flag up new versions.

I know the store is one way this could work but its not so geared for developers of community items.
    The delivery system is mostly out of our hands. Any content that contains D&D copyright property must be sold either in the FG Store by Smiteworks or on the DMsG by us.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

*Raises hand*

Blog Entries
    I've done this with others in the past. I post on the forums that I'm looking for reviewers, then see who message me. People have been pretty generous with their time and very helpful.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sounds like someone with previous experience should put together a group of volunteer playtesters *cough* Entrails *cough*.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information