DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Well, thank you for posting those to Youtube. YouTube is pretty barren of any RM content, so it's nice to see a group that's running it and having a heck of a good time. I've never run a game in FG, but you make it look easy, and I know that's hard to do.

Whenever RMU gets the go-ahead, I'd hope we'd see ICE cooperating with FG to get an update for the rules. Might even lead to more activity in general. =)

I am just getting started to move from physical presence to FG due to, you know, reasons

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltoneous View Post
    Well, thank you for posting those to Youtube. YouTube is pretty barren of any RM content, so it's nice to see a group that's running it and having a heck of a good time. I've never run a game in FG, but you make it look easy, and I know that's hard to do.

Whenever RMU gets the go-ahead, I'd hope we'd see ICE cooperating with FG to get an update for the rules. Might even lead to more activity in general. =)
    Have they made any progress in the last ~ 5 years? I stopped following when it seemed like nothing was happening for a long time.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Have they made any progress in the last ~ 5 years? I stopped following when it seemed like nothing was happening for a long time.
    They have said that things are moving forward but there has been little actual evidence. Beta 2 is still the last update and that was years ago.

Yea, it sometimes makes people wonder if they really ever want to get the thing out the door; course that's frustration speaking after 10 years I'm sure.

However, I will honestly admit that there are suggestion that the Dev teams have been especially thorough in the review of the new ruleset. By that I mean I've heard they've re-validated races, characters, skills, creatures, treasure, etc to ensure it matches the design principles and concepts of RMu. We saw that with races in 2018; where the races were re-evaluated using a standardized point system. I've heard the same thing went for Creatures and Treasures, as well as other areas. That understanding gives me the feeling that RMu isn't simply a new name on an old product (aka RMC=~RM2, RMFRP=~RMSS). I know that sounds like something simple, but given the painfully small resources they have to fund this effort, it might help to explain things.....

I'm not excusing the time it's taken, and have ranted and raved at the DECADE it's taken them, but... I'm still willing to wait.
    Last edited by Siltoneous; March 28th, 2020 at 04:48.

Blog Entries
    RMSS is my favorite version... everything just made sense and there was internal consistency across the board IMO.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    RMSS is my favorite version... everything just made sense and there was internal consistency across the board IMO.
    Plus the majority of what you needed was in one book which was nice.

I would have to say that RMSS/FRP is a better game system but I prefer playing RM2/RMC. It's just more fun and less work!

RMU is getting closer. I believe it is heading to layout now.

I am also half way through the final revision of the stripped down "Lite" version manuscript, which is looking good.

I'm probably too old for an upheaval so I'll keep with RM2/Classic I think.

I was in the beta for Unified back in 2015/16 but kind of got bored with the lack of direction. I honestly thought that it had just faded away.

There have always been the RM2 camp and the RMSS camp. I'm hoping that Unified will bring it together. Worst case scenario is that it just becomes just another version and all the new Shadow World stuff ends up tri-statted

I'll take a look when it's out.

Thread Information