DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Does anyone still play Rolemaster Classic?

I was curious about what ppl thought about the system
    Crit Happens! -JC Can't Reach me? Email me at [email protected]! I do, however, check PM's more than my email so try and PM me first!

Blog Entries
    Next to Castles & Crusades it's my favourite ruleset. I'd play if there was a game at a convenient time, but I'm already DMing 4 different games and trying to stay married for some reason.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I've only played Rolemaster a handful of times, but I loved the crunchiness of it back in the day...some 20 years ago. If there were a game opening that fit with my schedule, I'd be all in. Loved rolling on the various critical tables for weapons!
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

there are a handful of games going I do not play the RMC version but the FRP extension. The old school is always the best way <smile>

Still playing RMC with Harp character and spell system.
    Harp Spells are the best system.

Cheers
    Mark

I run a semi regular online game and have run a face to face game a few months ago at a Con recently. The rules and the fantasy grounds implementation of them are showing their age a bit. My regular players seem to enjoy it and I find it pretty easy to prepare campaign material to play with though the FG rule set does tend to crash a lot and i am currently having to re build my campaign files as FG crashes every time i click on the NPC button. If you want to play Rolemaster face to face i can strongly recommend a web app called Combat Minion which I was able to run a kindle fire for a 7 hour Con game. All the players had to do was roll and read a D100, the app did the rest so play was really fastno more adding 2 digit numbers together and looking up charts to get a results

RM is my favorite system, I love the 'realism' that it brings into gaming. The spell system is a lot of fun, and the customization of characters is hard to duplicate in other games. It is, however, a game that requires some time to get acclimated to. If you want a pretty quick jump in and play the game, probably not a system that will suit your tastes, but if you want a game that really allows you to have THE character that you want, well, it is hard to beat RM for that kind of flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I run a semi regular online game and have run a face to face game a few months ago at a Con recently. The rules and the fantasy grounds implementation of them are showing their age a bit. My regular players seem to enjoy it and I find it pretty easy to prepare campaign material to play with though the FG rule set does tend to crash a lot and i am currently having to re build my campaign files as FG crashes every time i click on the NPC button. If you want to play Rolemaster face to face i can strongly recommend a web app called Combat Minion which I was able to run a kindle fire for a 7 hour Con game. All the players had to do was roll and read a D100, the app did the rest so play was really fastno more adding 2 digit numbers together and looking up charts to get a results
    Hi Hawkwind,

I would like to see I can track down why the ruleset is crashing on you. I will send you a PM so I don't sidetrack this thread.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

I want to learn the system, would anyone teach me? i want to DM a game
    Crit Happens! -JC Can't Reach me? Email me at [email protected]! I do, however, check PM's more than my email so try and PM me first!

Happy to teach you. you can catch me on steam viv_id is mt ID it will come up as Ardem from sydney, I am home at the moment so I should be able to catch me in your timezone (night or morning) for the next few weeks

Thread Information