5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 83 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I am sure I will purchase it, but I have to say I am getting a little frustrated that their isn't some kind of discount system. I have paid for Rise of the Runelords:
    1. Original 3.5 rules from Paizo (PDF included by subscription)
    2. Pathfinder conversion
    3. Hero Lab data sets
    4. Audio CDs of RotRL
    5. (soon I hope) RealmWorks
    6. (soon I hope) Fantasy Grounds

Just grousing. If there were to be a discount, it should be Paizo doing it in recognition that a user owns the material they purchased through Paizo.
    I dont think is a challenge thats going to be easily solved...
    I dont think there is the will for anyone to want to give up revenue.
    Its easier going forward to work on these things - potentially having bundles for new products and stuff but more likely it means that when the next AP (or other product comes out) you have to choose which one you want it on most... I have doubles (and occasionally triples) of a chunk of things but more often now Im only buying an electronic version of stuff...

Right. I don't expect a solution. But, as we always said in the Navy, "A happy sailor's a bitching sailor."

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Although there are some things you can do to allow modules to be opened in another ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post296302 Handy for story, maps, tokens, etc., but ruleset specific data probably won't be accessible/usable.
    Yeah, I'm only planning on using the story, maps, etc. I'm not planning on trying to port it over. All I really need is the meat of the APs, not the mechanics. I've also already converted quite a bit of the Pathfinder Bestiary content to 5e (at least the content I was interested in, anyway) and will have that to draw from, and can easily convert the new monsters that come with the APs. More than anything, this saves me from having to worry prepping the story, tokens, etc., which can be a big time sink.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

I am not a Pathfinder player but this is great news!

Blog Entries
    There are a few that add in the FG mod for no additional charge (5e AL adventures) but most charge for hardcover and some for PDF even if you have the HC and the people who convert it over to FG format need to be paid. If you use multiple VTT then there is a charge per VTT.

This news is good because it shows that Smiteworks has clout and can open up these markets.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

As someone who hasn't really used purchased modules from FG before (for my shame) couple of questions.

As I have already written most of the content for CotCT up, will I be able to buy the official one when ready and just have it open up like any regular module, adding in the extra maps etc. to my already written up campaign? I really want to get high quality versions of the 10' square maps.

Also are the item in these editable/copyable so can I say take "Goblin" from a AP module and drag drop to create a new version of it I can edit myself? As I know as written the CotCT hardcover (and what I assume will be transferred to FG2) has a number of statblock errors.

Another post.

Not sure who makes the choices about what content becomes modules but a really good one to try and get on FG2 might be Emerald Spire. It's a dungeon crawler but the maps would look stunning on FG2.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I forgot to comment on the encryption question. Yes, these will be encrypted like all other modules. It's pretty much a requirement for anything nowadays.
    Thanks for the info, Doug. I have no problem with the data being encrypted - as you say, that's a requirement. What I'd like to know is, does this mean I won't be able to modify the content myself? For example, if I wanted to replace a map in a module with another map that I've made myself (or found from another source - there are some really great fan-made maps for Rise of the Runelords available), would that be possible? As another example, if I wanted to change the goblin statblock so that all the Thistletop goblins have the correct number of hp (they're wrong in the published book), would I be able to do that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Thanks for the info, Doug. I have no problem with the data being encrypted - as you say, that's a requirement. What I'd like to know is, does this mean I won't be able to modify the content myself? For example, if I wanted to replace a map in a module with another map that I've made myself (or found from another source - there are some really great fan-made maps for Rise of the Runelords available), would that be possible? As another example, if I wanted to change the goblin statblock so that all the Thistletop goblins have the correct number of hp (they're wrong in the published book), would I be able to do that?
    Errr kinda but not really.
    You can put your own map in but you will need to redo the pin placement and token placement. You cant access the module to swap out the file...
    And no... not in one fell swoop. If there is an official published source that agrees that the wrong stats are used Im sure that they could be included in but if they werent you would have to add the little green fellas to the encounter and their tokens to the map...
    You will be able to continue using your own content etc you wont have to buy the official content but if you do its mostly locked down.

One thing I don't think I've seen addressed; will this mean that the forthcoming Starfinder material will be available on fantasy grounds? I'm a little daunted at getting into pathfinder now, but a new system could draw me in.

Thread Information