Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 83 First 12341252 ... Last
    Nickademus,

The PFRPG ruleset works as expected, and all of the functionality is just baked into 3.5E, since they share so many common rules. Since the Pathfinder official theme will be part of the Core rulebook bundle, this will not require any ruleset changes.

We are planning to focus the majority of our effort on getting the Pathfinder content onto FG, including all the wonderful art and stories that Paizo has provided over the years. We have no plans to force removal of OGL community content currently being distributed.

As for any changes to the current process for PFS content sharing, I believe that the Paizo will need to make a ruling about that, since it is something they allowed (not us).

Regards,
    JPG

This does raise two questions. What will the purchasable Bestiaries have then that the the free ones do not. And will the free PF basic rules still be provided with FG even though you are selling a Core Rulebook? Since the ruleset will not be getting upgraded to have the 5E automation, what will the Core Rulebook really have to offer (other than the new theme)?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Posted over on the Paizo forums and shared my love on Twitter earlier but wanted to come here and post as well.

I'm really excited for this and a massive thank you everyone who made it happen.

Super excited about this - Even with all the free resources from the volunteer community, I still often don't have the time to format Stat Blocks for parsers, rip images, etc.

I'd gladly pay $10-15 a month to get the AP volume with pre-stated/imaged/tokened Monsters and Loot. I've dabbled with the 5e Modules that have been released and am hoping for something of similar high quality for PF.

Appreciate the comment from the Dev that you're going down the road of giving us a reason to pay for added value rather than just paywalling something that has been previously free.

Blog Entries
    We are still working on it. We have to try to add as much as we can to make it stand out over the free modules that are available, but ultimately you will have a choice of a free or a paid option. There are some things that a free OGL version can't include, such as images and possibly nicely laid out reference manual material with those images embedded. OGL Bestiaries don't have monster images or tokens, for instance. The PHB will more than likely come with tokens and portraits and a built in reference manual with images. It is up to you if you think that is something you want to buy or not. Adventures are something that are not really possible as OGL modules. None of the images, maps, story or room contents was available previously.

Overall, my main hope is to provide an easy and convenient way for people to get high quality modules and allow people to show support for the companies and people they want to support. That is one of the reasons why we specifically chose to work with Trenloe on the bestiary modules since he put so much work and effort in the free community modules. If you want to run as you have in the past, that is completely fine as well. People can continue to build and share OGL stuff as long as they want.

I forgot to comment on the encryption question. Yes, these will be encrypted like all other modules. It's pretty much a requirement for anything nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Nickademus,

The PFRPG ruleset works as expected, and all of the functionality is just baked into 3.5E, since they share so many common rules. Since the Pathfinder official theme will be part of the Core rulebook bundle, this will not require any ruleset changes.

We are planning to focus the majority of our effort on getting the Pathfinder content onto FG, including all the wonderful art and stories that Paizo has provided over the years. We have no plans to force removal of OGL community content currently being distributed.

As for any changes to the current process for PFS content sharing, I believe that the Paizo will need to make a ruling about that, since it is something they allowed (not us).

Regards,
    JPG
    MW, I must respectfully disagree. You cannot drag feats, races, and classes like you can with 5e. I'm not upset about it, but it is not true that PF has the same level of support as a ruleset that 5e has. Perhaps I misunderstood, though.

Thanks Doug and John for the explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    MW, I must respectfully disagree. You cannot drag feats, races, and classes like you can with 5e. I'm not upset about it, but it is not true that PF has the same level of support as a ruleset that 5e has. Perhaps I misunderstood, though.
    I think you did misunderstand. He was saying that the 3.5E ruleset has all the functionality of the Pathfinder rules and thus a new ruleset isn't needed. No mention of the 5E ruleset and an obvious statement that PF won't be getting the automation of the 5E ruleset. I had always hoped that if Smiteworks got a Paizo license that they could justify the cost of rewriting the ruleset to be on par with 5E, but I'm not really surprised that it's not going to happen. Unity is more important.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Bidmaron,

I was just responding to Nickademus that there is not an inherent issue with the way the PFRPG ruleset is structured currently, not commenting on the levels of features relative to 5E. While we will be looking at adding some basic capabilities to support simple drag and drop of specific records (feats, races, classes), we are not currently looking at adding all the character building capabilities of 5E. Building out a character building system in Pathfinder which spans 10+ years of content (not even counting third party material) is a huge project we don't currently have the resources for. Also, Pathfinder has some great support from PCGen and Hero Lab for generating and getting PCs into Fantasy Grounds already.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah Smite works! Go team! Thanks trenlo I want this under the Christmas tree

VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Thread Information