5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Paizo and SmiteWorks sign an agreement for official Pathfinder support!

You can read the official announcement over at Paizo here:
    https://paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9v98

Work has begun on the new theme for the ruleset and it will be packaged with the Core Rulebook module for Pathfinder. Trenloe is working on the Bestiary modules, Danny Stratton is working on Rise of the Runelords and Cari Most Harper is working on Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Attachment 17015

This is great news.

While I am not a fan of the Pathfinder rules, I get why it is immensely popular and I hope this is another step forward for Smiteworks, and helps the company grow.

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    Feel free to pop over to Paizo and share your appreciation with folks there for allowing us this opportunity.
    https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dy...bletop#discuss

Congrats to our friends at d20Pro as well for securing the license along with us, but separately, of course.

Excellent. I will delay getting myself a Xmas present until some of the official content appears in the store. GREAT WORK!

Trenloe is working on the Bestiary modules
    What does this mean for the existing Bestiary modules? Are they going to be pulled from the forums as free downloads?

Brilliant news! Well done Smiteworks.

This is great news! I'm ready to buy Rise of the Runelords (for a third time) when it's ready. What's Danny Stratton's name on this forum? Having already converted the first two books of RotR myself, I'd be happy to lend a hand, if that would be of any help...

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Work has begun on the new theme for the ruleset and it will be packaged with the Core Rulebook module for Pathfinder. Trenloe is working on the Bestiary modules, Danny Stratton is working on Rise of the Runelords and Cari Most Harper is working on Curse of the Crimson Throne.
    I hate to be 'that guy', but someone is going to have to ask as it immensely important and almost everyone that plays Pathfinder on FG will want to know.

Pathfinder has no FG ruleset. (It has a single data file that replaces the one in the 3.5E ruleset.) You're making a new theme for PF; that's nice. Is PF going to get it's own ruleset, one with the work and quality of the 5E ruleset? Now that you have a Paizo license and will have PF-related income, it would seem appropriate to give it the same treatment as 5E. Also, what terms of the license can you tell us and what will the future hold for the PF community? Will all the content be encrypted and locked or is Paizo more loose with their regulations since they offer the entire core line on their PRD? As darennan asked, will any currently free content made by the community be removed and disallowed? Module creators like myself will need to know what the next step is. Will the current process for sharing PFS-approved content (like the Rise of the Runelords sanctioned sections) be shut down?

While this is good news, I personally feel it is a little too late for Paizo to finally be allowing this. Nevertheless, this raises many questions as the situation is very different from the one with WotC and 5E.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully, all this will really mean is that 'ready to use' content will be able to be sold. Since most (all) of the existing material is part of the SRD... it doesn't seem like it can be shut down... but.. maybe I don't understand the rules for this kinda stuff.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Hopefully, all this will really mean is that 'ready to use' content will be able to be sold. Since most (all) of the existing material is part of the SRD... it doesn't seem like it can be shut down... but.. maybe I don't understand the rules for this kinda stuff.
    It is highly likely that if SW is selling something like the PF Core Rulebook that either (a) the ruleset will have to gain automation that interacts with the module to give it value over the free ones that already exist or (b) the Terms of using FG will change so that people cannot share modules that mimic an FG Store product (well, I think they technically are already that way but they'll now apply to the PF material).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information