DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 58 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Just a (probably dumb) question.
    I opened the Utilies module from the 6e ruleset stuff, and tried to drag the ready-made investigators into the character window. It made them, but with weird numbers for their characteristics. Here is a side by side. https://puu.sh/t2Pn1/25de38b61c.jpg

Is this intended to work how I tihnk it is? I remember reading that stuff is meant to auto-update to 7e but can't figure out if this is one of the things.
    Nahhh... that dosnt seem to have worked...
    It should have recalculated those stats.

If you have 6e - just as a test - can you open a 6e campaign and import and then export one of those characters and then import to a 7e campaign?
    I suspect its the way that character is coming in its missing the conversion routine.

VenomousFiligree
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi VenomousFiligree could you explain the first point again?

My copy of those two reads like this:

<b>3) Violence:</b> A red mist descends on the investigator and they explode in a spree of uncontrolled violence and destruction directed at their surroundings, allies or foes alike for 1D10 rounds.

<b>10) Mania:</b> The investigator gains a new mania. Roll 1D100 on <b>Table X: Sample Manias</b>, or the Keeper may choose one. The investigator seeks to indulge in their new mania for the next 1D10 rounds.

To me that looks right?
    Screen grab attached.

Blog Entries
    Thanks VenomousFiligree I was looking in the Reference Manual!

VenomousFiligree
    Hi VenomousFiligree could you explain the first point again?

My copy of those two reads like this:

<b>3) Violence:</b> A red mist descends on the investigator and they explode in a spree of uncontrolled violence and destruction directed at their surroundings, allies or foes alike for 1D10 rounds.

<b>10) Mania:</b> The investigator gains a new mania. Roll 1D100 on <b>Table X: Sample Manias</b>, or the Keeper may choose one. The investigator seeks to indulge in their new mania for the next 1D10 rounds.

To me that looks right?
    Forgot the first point. In the book there are two tables: VII Bouts of Madness-(Real Time) and VIII Bouts of Madness-(Summary), you just have one and it doesn't detail in the heading which it is.

VenomousFiligree
    Thanks VenomousFiligree I was looking in the Reference Manual!
    Glad to help! The other issue is referring to tables in the Reference section too.

I deliberated a lot on Headings vs Bold Text right thru this damn manual (and doing the same in the IG!). Zacchaeus has also made the same suggestion to me about a number of sections. Would you mind sharing exact headings that you think should change so I can confirm one way or another. My response to Z was no in most cases because I felt that the book definitely had them in a much smaller font than the others that are headings. If we had h2 and h3 tags then they would get one of those in most cases. I will review all your suggestions but I may not act on them all!

Thank you for your efforts on this Skellan.
    I don't really mind either way.

The ones I meant are:

C10> magic > Tomes. 'Using the Optional rule: spontaneous use of the cthulhu mythos skill' and 4 paragraphs later 'Entering the world of cthulhu mythos'

C10 > Creating scenarios 'Begin with a compelling opening scene' looks like it should be in bold

If its a style choice its fine. It just looked odd to me
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    I don't really mind either way.

The ones I meant are:

C10> magic > Tomes. 'Using the Optional rule: spontaneous use of the cthulhu mythos skill' and 4 paragraphs later 'Entering the world of cthulhu mythos'

C10 > Creating scenarios 'Begin with a compelling opening scene' looks like it should be in bold

If its a style choice its fine. It just looked odd to me
    I had changed the first two - and I completely missed the third - thanks - updated now!

Nahhh... that dosnt seem to have worked...
    It should have recalculated those stats.

If you have 6e - just as a test - can you open a 6e campaign and import and then export one of those characters and then import to a 7e campaign?
    I suspect its the way that character is coming in its missing the conversion routine.
    Before I even got to that point. I closed deleted the characters, and redragged them and it worked fine.
    *shrug*
    Not sure what happened to make it work, but if it comes up again I'll try to follow exactly the steps in case there was a trick to making it work one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Just a (probably dumb) question.
    I opened the Utilies module from the 6e ruleset stuff, and tried to drag the ready-made investigators into the character window. It made them, but with weird numbers for their characteristics. Here is a side by side. https://puu.sh/t2Pn1/25de38b61c.jpg

Is this intended to work how I tihnk it is? I remember reading that stuff is meant to auto-update to 7e but can't figure out if this is one of the things.
    If you open the npc first, it will convert the stats to 7e. Then drag to PCs and it should work ok.

Hi all,

I'm new on these forums and first of all would like to thank you for releasing a 7th ed. ruleset as I was really looking forward to use FG to play the new Call of Cthulhu edition with.

That said, I would like to report a bug with the new ruleset. When picking an occupation for a character, the Credit rating allowed on the sheet is not a range. It gets modified automatically to either end of the credit rating range.

E.g. An author would have a Credit Rating set to 9 or 30, never any value in between.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the great work!

Thread Information