FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 58 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Ok Sjelsyk I have worked it out! You are adding Fighting as a skill choice on the Occupations and then you are adding in Brawl there!
    For now please just add Fighting and add Brawl in the character sheet itself. It wont do this then. Ill add it as a (minor for now) bug.

Hey,

First test: creating a character
    1) I add weapons (bow, knife, pistol)
    2) I add in the skills window a few points in each type of weapon (I close the edition mode well)
    3) I go back to page 1, and I see that my percentages of weapons do not change ... is that normal. Do you need to manually match the weapon and weapon skills points?

Quote Originally Posted by martel View Post
    Hey,

First test: creating a character
    1) I add weapons (bow, knife, pistol)
    2) I add in the skills window a few points in each type of weapon (I close the edition mode well)
    3) I go back to page 1, and I see that my percentages of weapons do not change ... is that normal. Do you need to manually match the weapon and weapon skills points?
    Right now, I'm afraid so. If you follow the recommended character creation steps, you would have fixed the skill values before adding equipment, so it would not be an issue until you do your skill improvement rolls.

You might find they update if you restart.

I'll look at maybe linking them in an upcoming release.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok Sjelsyk I have worked it out! You are adding Fighting as a skill choice on the Occupations and then you are adding in Brawl there!
    For now please just add Fighting and add Brawl in the character sheet itself. It wont do this then. Ill add it as a (minor for now) bug.
    That's it damned. I've reproduced and fixed it for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by borusa32 View Post
    This is absolutely marvellous-so when can we buy HOTOE for FG2?
    Not promising timelines... but there are plans.

Yeah, exactly! Sorry if my explanation wasn't good enough to explain the initial problem straight away, but at least you've sorted it out.

I also see that ianmward has fixed it for next update so all is good Thanks!

Hey to all you awesome people who are wanting to do translations - I didnt know the ruleset was also encrypted - here is a basic extension for you to use for your translations. Start with this and if we need to add more files to it we can later on. I suggest you rename your extension as CoC7eBabylonian.ext or CoC7eSumerian.ext or whatever language you are translating too.
    Skill translation doesn't work via the string-Files. Once more the problem is the encrypted ruleset. In de 6ed version, the skills were defined in the manager_era.lua file and i am quite sure, its the same in 7ed but i don't have access to the file.

VenomousFiligree
    Am I missing something, or are Build and Magic Points not on the NPC sheets?

Edit:
    Also the letter tokens seem to be missing a few letters (I think this is CoC related, as they didn't appear to be there at all in the 5e ruleset).
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; December 26th, 2016 at 20:13.

Could it be, that item-identification has been disabled in this ruleset? The fields and buttons are missing and i get an error when i try to open an item from my running campaign;

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (Ruleset: CallOfCthulhu7E) (campaign\scripts\charmini_invlist.lua)
    Runtime Notice: s'CallOfCthulhu7E'
    Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (nonidentified) in windowclass (item_main)
    Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (identified) in windowclass (item_main)

Before someone asks: of course i enabled the feature in the settings-menu

VenomousFiligree
    Reference Manual - C8 Sanity - The Effects of Sanity - A Bout of Madness Summary - The example box is around the mechanics text rather than the example.

Thread Information