STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 58 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjelsyk View Post
    There's a bug I've seen while playing around with the ruleset. I might be doing something wrong, but when creating a character and I get to the point of choosing a Occupation, I drag the occupation to the character sheet, which works fine. However, when I press the added occupation in order to select personal skills (etc) based on the occupation - I run into a weird issue with Fighting (or any other skill where you can type in the name of the skill, Fighting: Brawl etc.). What happens is this:

Attachment 17055

(And as I was about to post this, I also noticed how Credit Rating ended up extremely high, despite me not adding any skill points at this point - could this be related to me choosing Credit Rating as one of the Personal skills?).

As you can see, it does this with Art/Craft as well, despite it being pre-set on the Occupation.
    Hi Sjelsyk yeah I have a work-in-progress quick start guide for the ruleset. I will try and get this out soon!
    Its best if you build your character in the order that the ruleset specifies -
    Roll Characteristics - there is a table that will do your dice rolling in one go but doesnt do the multiplication.
    Then choose an Occupation - drag and drop or use the link button.
    Then Edit Skills and allocate points and add any new skills - then stop the editing mode
    For Equipment make sure you drag weapons into Inventory and they should auto-populate weapons.

As to Fighting Brawl I think that is expected behaviour... ianmward did the coding so Im not completely across the logic - can you explain what you are expecting to see or what you are seeing that isnt working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Sharing of NPCs is a CoreRPG feature and shares the whole entry. We will have a look at the request to be able to share only the one tab but no promises - it is all stored in the one db node so once shared it is.... shared.
    Yes i Know about this. But i don't expect players to be hackers wo dive to deep into the FG-Structure. As long as it is invisible they won't see it, regardless if thier client can see the information or not.

In the 6ed i managed to achieve this simply by hiding the tabs on the side and auto-switching to the description-Page. I guess there is a more elegant way to hide a whole page, but through my limited knowledge of the FG-Api, this was fastest for me.

I would figure it out myself, bit the encrypted ruleset makes modifications like this much harder than it used to be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Muwak just sent you a PM.
    Yes the encrypted ruleset is a brand new thing Ive not seen before....

Hi Sjelsyk yeah I have a work-in-progress quick start guide for the ruleset. I will try and get this out soon!
    Roll Characteristics - there is a table that will do your dice rolling in one go but doesnt do the multiplication.
    Then Edit Skills and allocate points and add any new skills - then stop the editing mode
    For Equipment make sure you drag weapons into Inventory and they should auto-populate weapons.

As to Fighting Brawl I think that is expected behaviour... ianmward did the coding so Im not completely across the logic - can you explain what you are expecting to see or what you are seeing that isnt working for you?
    It's just weird that if I type "Brawl" under a "Fighting" skill in the Occupation (after it's added to the character, by pressing the button next to the occupation name in the character sheet), it will show up on the skill list as "Fighting: B", "Fighting: Br", "Fighting: Bra", "Fighting: Braw" and "Fighting: Brawl". I assume it's not meant to do this.

I think the screenshot represent this fairly well, that I get a list of "Fighting" skills with -1 and then finally the one with the complete name shows correctly. I find it even weirder though that this happens with for example "Art/Craft: Instrument", since this is a skill that was already set on the Occupation, but still there's two blank "Art/Craft" skills and one with Instrument.

Blog Entries
    It's just weird that if I type "Brawl" under a "Fighting" skill in the Occupation (after it's added to the character, by pressing the button next to the occupation name in the character sheet), it will show up on the skill list as "Fighting: B", "Fighting: Br", "Fighting: Bra", "Fighting: Braw" and "Fighting: Brawl". I assume it's not meant to do this.

I think the screenshot represent this fairly well, that I get a list of "Fighting" skills with -1 and then finally the one with the complete name shows correctly. I find it even weirder though that this happens with for example "Art/Craft: Instrument", since this is a skill that was already set on the Occupation, but still there's two blank "Art/Craft" skills and one with Instrument.
    Ohhhh.... I had thought you put those in manually to show that they show -1 until you get the skill right...?
    I cannot replicate that behaviour... have you got any extensions loaded?

Ohhhh.... I had thought you put those in manually to show that they show -1 until you get the skill right...?
    I cannot replicate that behaviour... have you got any extensions loaded?
    Ahh, that makes sense. But no, I've tested it on two different machines and it does the same thing on both and there's no extensions installed.

Blog Entries
    I also just created a Musician named Michael George and I used the table to roll (am going to experiment with outputting this as a Story instead...) and did the calc and added (I rolled fairly well too I might add!) and then I chose the Musician occupation and selected my various skills.
    One the first I did not choose Credit rating and I didnt see any abnormalities but on choosing Credit Rating I did also get around 125 of my Personal Skill points allocated to it...
    Im pretty sure this is not expected
    Ill queue it up for investigation.
    In the meantime - edit the skill and allocate the correct amount of points and the rest will be returned to your pool.

Blog Entries
    Ahh, that makes sense. But no, I've tested it on two different machines and it does the same thing on both and there's no extensions installed.
    Can anyone else browsing this thread see if they can replicate this for me?
    Not that it should matter but can you tell me what Campaign Options you have manually changed (if any) and what Modules you have open?

Can anyone else browsing this thread see if they can replicate this for me?
    Not that it should matter but can you tell me what Campaign Options you have manually changed (if any) and what Modules you have open?
    I haven't done any Campaign Options changes, and the only modules I've loaded (on this machine) are "Call of Cthulhu 7e" and "CoC 7e Reference". On the other I tested it on I also had "Masks of Nyarlathotep" loaded.

@Credit Rating/Musician: Hah, yeah I guess that's very unexpected And yeah, of course when it spams different Fighting skills (or anything unexpected like the CR), you can easily delete them/change it and just keep the proper skill as a temporary fix, but I just wanted to inform you guys what I ran into

Edit: And it seems you have your next character ready

Blog Entries
    I haven't done any Campaign Options changes, and the only modules I've loaded (on this machine) are "Call of Cthulhu 7e" and "CoC 7e Reference". On the other I tested it on I also had "Masks of Nyarlathotep" loaded.

@Credit Rating/Musician: Hah, yeah I guess that's very unexpected And yeah, of course when it spams different Fighting skills (or anything unexpected like the CR), you can easily delete them/change it and just keep the proper skill as a temporary fix, but I just wanted to inform you guys what I ran into
    Ive just deleted my ruleset, updated and re-tested... I cant replicate the Fighting Skills so Ill need someone else to replicate for me or Ill have to suggest that the insanity has taken you! Only joking. Have added the Credit Rating thing.

Thread Information