DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 58 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last
    Hey all! Loving the recent change where the Occupation window pops up upon adding it to your sheet!

I'm having a little trouble with the sheet auto calculating Dodge to be half of DEX. I created a character last night and noticed that entering DEX does not set Dodge to 1/2 of DEX, it leaves it at 0. I'm pretty sure it was automatically set to that previous to the latest update as a character I created 2 weeks ago has Dodge auto set which does not have any skill points set to Dodge.

It could be that I'm doing character creation wrong as well. I haven't created too many characters so always a chance it is user error.

Thanks!

Hi NotRusselCrowe,

The change reallyshould not have affected dodge calculation, but I will go back and take a look.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Hey all! Loving the recent change where the Occupation window pops up upon adding it to your sheet!

I'm having a little trouble with the sheet auto calculating Dodge to be half of DEX. I created a character last night and noticed that entering DEX does not set Dodge to 1/2 of DEX, it leaves it at 0. I'm pretty sure it was automatically set to that previous to the latest update as a character I created 2 weeks ago has Dodge auto set which does not have any skill points set to Dodge.

It could be that I'm doing character creation wrong as well. I haven't created too many characters so always a chance it is user error.

Thanks!

It could easily be a problem on this side of the keyboard too but I was able to reproduce it so at least if it's me I'm doing something consistantly.

Thanks, Ian!

Seems to be working correctly for me. Can you check versions and extensions, then let me know how you reproduce it?

Dodge.gif

Okay, this seems to be localized to my specific campaign. If I go into a different CoC campaign then Dodge calculates correctly. I only have the MOTD (Message Of The Day) extension running and when disabling it I still do not have Dodge calculating. Everything is fully updated.

The only thing I can think of that I've changed is I went from 1890s era to 1920s era between last session and now. I also have trouble changing eras, if I leave the 1920s it seems to just flip back and forth between 1890s and Modern for about the first 10 clicks, but only in my main campaign. Obviously something is wrong with my campaign itself.

Thanks for checking, Ian!

Kelly

Edit: fixed the issue with Eras but still no luck with Dodge calculating.
    Last edited by NotRussellCrowe; August 17th, 2019 at 14:24.

If want, you could zip up your campaign folder and pm me a link so I can take a look...

Thank you very much, Ian!

Hi NotRussellCrowe, I have sent you a private message with a fix to your campaign.

Essentially, if anyone has a really old campaign from before I implemented the custom Era and Skills functionality for creating your own Eras, you might need to rebuild the skills and eras so they work correctly. Only do this if you are having problems...

Steps to do this are:
    1. Backup your campaign folder just in case...
    2. Open the campaign in FG
    3. Open the Library
    4. Open the Era list
    5. edit the Eras and delete them all (don't worry they will come back later)
    6. Open the Skill list
    7. Delete any Skills that are giving problems (Dodge and Lang-Own are good candidates)
    8. Exit the campaign
    9. Open the campaign again - this will cause the rebuild of Eras and Skills and should fix the problem.

I hope this helps anyone that has the same issues as NotRussellCrowe

Ian

Thank you so very much, Ian!!

Hello everybody:
    I don´t know why but when I introduce a Player in the Party Sheet, Fighting (Brawl) Skill appear in Party Inventary as an item. I understand that this is a mistake or a bug in the ruleset.
    Could anyone check it?
    Many thanks.
    2019-08-28.png

Thread Information