DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 46 of 58 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Working on a couple of updates. Not ready yet but Ian and I spent a goodly amount of time working thru some updates over the weekend.

I'm trying to add a new occupation to the list, and am having some problems. I click on the "Occupations" icon, and it opens the list. Click on the "Edit List" button, and then the "Add Item" button. In the "new occupation" window, the Name, Occupation Points, Credit Rating, and Contacts fields all work as expected. I just can't set any of the Occupation Skills; each displays as a drop-down list with nothing in it. I've trying typing into that field, and dragging Skills from the skill list into this area, but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated! I am trying to get a game going this coming week.

BTW, there is the field at the top of this window, which I assume is the name of the occupation, and then down in the content area, above Occupation Points, the first field is a blank text field. What is that used for?

Blog Entries
    Something is wrong on your campaign. The Skills should have a list of all the skills associated with that Era.
    Can you upload a copy of your campaigns db.xml?
    Also have you loaded any extensions? Can you post a screenshot of your chat window after the campaign loads?

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 10.45.58 PM.png
    db.xml

I haven't loaded any extensions. Attached are the screenshot and the db.xml file as requested.

Blog Entries
    Hi Geek McBeer

You are running the Wood Theme Extension. Can you try without that?
    Your db.xml has all the info needed for creating occupations.
    Is there a reason you are running on the Test channel? This is usually for devs and testers.

Also as you are new asking just in case... have you activated the 7E modules that come with the product? They do contain all the core rulebook occupations.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Geek McBeer

You are running the Wood Theme Extension. Can you try without that?
    Your db.xml has all the info needed for creating occupations.
    Is there a reason you are running on the Test channel? This is usually for devs and testers.

Also as you are new asking just in case... have you activated the 7E modules that come with the product? They do contain all the core rulebook occupations.
    Um. I have no idea that I'm running on the Test channel. In my settings "Advanced" tab in the "FGUpdaterEngine" window it shows that I am running in the "Live" channel.

This may be a stupid question, but if I'm using the CoC data (I can see the CoC character sheet, skills, occupations, etc) aren't the modules activated? How can I check if they are activated? (Well, not ALL the occupations ... I have many of them, but I am missing "Scientist" and "Nurse", for example.)

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 9.00.07 AM.png

BTW, I threw away the campaign folder and started over. Its apparently working now.
    Last edited by Geek MacBeer; April 12th, 2020 at 14:01.

One more thing: In my screen shot from my previous post, I have both "CoC 7e Reference" and "Call of Cthulhu 7e" modules. In the occupations list I only have the CoC 7e Reference as a group. Should I be seeing "Call of Cthulhu 7e" as well?

Attached is a screen shot where I am adding the "Scientist" occupation.

Attachment 33529

Two questions:

1. What is the (blank) first text edit field below the title?

2. How can I add the text "one interpersonal skill (Charm, Fast Talk, Intimidate, or Persuade)" next to the blank skill? (Even if I have to edit the XML.)

Blog Entries
    You have the correct resources open.
    Neither Scientist or Nurse are in the Call of Cthulhu 7e Core rulebook so they are not in this product.
    The first field is for a description. There are no descriptions in the Call of Cthulhu 7e Core rulebook, these are only in the Investigators Handbook.

Have a look at this thread for creating options -
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pation-Modules

I've found a couple new things that are broken on the CoC7e ruleset. I'd estimate I started noticing this about a month ago and my guess is that some update broke it because it was working before. It took me a while to get around to testing it since it wasn't game breaking. The party sheet does not seem to be communicating changes with the character sheet, but the character sheet still communicates to the party sheet. A few specific examples:
    1. Initiating a party sanity reset on the party sheet doesn't do anything even though the text reports that is is resetting. You have to go to the character sheet and initiate it there to make it actually happen and it updates on the party sheet also.
    2. Checking the temp insanity boxes on the party sheet activates them on the party sheet display, but not on the character sheet. Activating the marker on the character sheet does both.
    3. Checking the major wound box on the party sheet only marks it there and not on the character sheet. Marking on the character sheet activates the marker in both places.
    4. Also when dragging a new character over to the party sheet their sanity will be 0 on the party sheet sheet even though it is the default value on the character sheet. Nothing gets it to display the correct value other than changing the current sanity value on the character sheet a notch and then back to the correct value. it will then update on the party sheet.

I was wondering if something got messed up on my campaign files so I tried this on a blank slate and it still occurred.

Unrelated to the above issue but something to look at when you have time. The pulp cthulhu extension throws an error IN UNITY. It seems to work otherwise from my limited testing but when loading it reports:
    [4/12/2020 10:13:55 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] framedef: Could not find image file () for frame (shortcuts). [PulpCthulhu] [graphics/graphics_frames.xml]

Thanks

Thread Information