5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    OK ... I reran it using CC3 (not CC3+) and this time the video matched what I saw on menus 95% of the time and the output was virtually identical on my screen vis a vis shadow shapes and locations.

I was totally able to export using 1300 / 3000 (with crop, I knew I could calculate myself but followed what he said about putting a "huge" number there for system to recalc.
    I went to rect jpg only because wanted to follow the tutorial (I changed BMP to 24 , the middle PNG thing to "Default" and JPG from 75% to 100%.

The result, when zoomed a bit is pretty pixelly, noticable on statue and columns especially.

After make dinner, will pick up from pre-output and do what you guys said - save as BMP then use gimp etc as directed. I'll see how those look later.

I did experiment Zacc, it's how I made it NOT look like an island dungeon with black moat around it at disctance from walls I'll later post the 2 UIs for the shadow, see what I should have done to make it look like the CC3 version but I suspect it needs something not on the CC3+ menu of same feature - because I did "experiment" and no choice matched the video (or my later run on CC3)

Not a big thing, just now I suspect I am better off tutoralling on CC3 since none out there for CC3+ recommended yet. Then will go through the Ultimate Mapping tutorials and when go to use the CC3+ version, I'll read instructions for CC3+.

I really think this is an easy to use thing for making pretty good crappy maps real fast and easy. I mean from just a few minutes to 30 mins, I now know enough to make a dungeon which may not be aesthetically pleasing to those who use this for real - it would totally work for my game playing!

And that is from the GET GO. I cannot imagine learning enough Gimp to do that and collect whatever icons/brushes/etc? (don't even know what I need to look for) to do anything similar. This is already worth my purchase. If I get to making PRETTY maps...wow I hope to do overlands soon. I want to redo some old Grehawk maps and maybe parts of C&C maps too to combine them. But that's after I read through the manuals after taking overland tutorials next.

City will be gravy on top. Wonder if any of you ever saw anyone do:
    1. Sanctuary Map (Thieves World)
    2. Carse, Tulan or Jonril (from Midkemia Press)
    3. Other big name cities like Waterdeep, Grehawk, Zhentil Keep, etc?

Thank you two for your great help and support!

Yes he made a mistake and in Comments you find it...
    Exporting is simple.
    Desired DPI X Grids (I design my maps on a 24x36 layout since it is a readily available print option.)
    for VTT Maps I usually use 72 DPI so 72X24 and 72x36.
    For maps to be printed out I have been doing 300 DPI so 300x24 and 300x36 Depending on Orientation of the Maps

Also I only export as PNG Format

Remember you only have to set your width to desired DPI. Set the Height at a rediculous Number...When you select the area to be copied CC3/CC3+ auto calculates the Actual Size based on the Width.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    City will be gravy on top. Wonder if any of you ever saw anyone do:
    1. Sanctuary Map (Thieves World)
    2. Carse, Tulan or Jonril (from Midkemia Press)
    Never seen em, but sure would love to! Carse and Sanctuary especially. I still have physical copies of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post

3. Other big name cities like Waterdeep, Grehawk, Zhentil Keep, etc?
    The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas was made with Campaign Cartographer.
    AKA The Wayward Traveler Original Battle Maps and Classic Recreations Avaialble on DriverThruRPGhttps://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...-Paul-Stoddard Maps also Available at
    https://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com/

Thread Information