5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Keep Battle Map?

Hey guys. I'm in the middle of running Storm King's Thunder, and was wondering if there's any shared maps out there that might be suitable as a battle map for an attack on a keep-enclosed village?

Since I don't want to reveal even small spoilers in the post here I'll just include a text file with a paraphrased description of the specific location in STK.

(for anyone reading the text file I AM fairly certain the whole village would be MUCH larger than 100 sq feet, but there's still little detail)
    Last edited by Couvs; December 13th, 2016 at 02:32.

what time frame?

I am happy to make maps. I use GIMP and have developed a bunch of art assets, they are simple but they do work.

This is what they look like, feel free to use them, but do not sell them.

this is a dropbox link to my map folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jpj1xt8cr...Dx9983Qma?dl=0

The maps i make can be lined up end to end and they are pretty much seamless.

if you do a quick pencil sketch and take a photo i can give you just what you want.
    Looks like what you described is a pretty big map.
    I am not sure how many of may maps FGII can open at once, they are 1200 px X 1500px, 5' square is 50 px x 50 px

yeah I actually did some digging and I managed to find a map of the "keep" in question that was done based on an old book, Volo's Guide to the North or some such and it's more along the scale of the town maps in ch 2 of Storm King's Thunder. I think I'm best off just drawing out a section of the battlements, the party will have to get creative in order to engage the attackers anyway as it would take a long time to run out the gate and back around the walls. I'm expecting a combination of using ropes to scale the wall, making use of a couple of the heavy mounted crossbows and their own ranged abilities.

I'm considering picking up Campaign Cartographer for creating custom battlemaps like this. Pyromancers web based map builder isn't bad, but I find it's somewhat limited in the available object images and how certain things may be oriented.
    Last edited by Couvs; December 13th, 2016 at 03:18.

Is this what you are looking for? - there's another one at post #7 which I don't think I included in the package.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information