5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Thank you again for the help. Got home and tested it and sure enough, the characters weren't in my manage characters anymore (are they stored in the cache? Because I believe I cleared the cache folder recently). I imported all my local characters into "Manage Characters" then connected to a game and my characters were available for import.

Where does the /exportchar command export the characters to? (ie. what file path)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post
    Got home and tested it and sure enough, the characters weren't in my manage characters anymore (are they stored in the cache? Because I believe I cleared the cache folder recently).
    Nope, they're not in the cache. Either the 5E.xml file in \characters was overwritten/deleted or you probably deleted the PCs from within Manage Characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post
    Where does the /exportchar command export the characters to? (ie. what file path)
    It is exactly the same as exporting a single character from the Character Selection screen, FG will prompt you where you want to save the file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

this is an old thread and the comments suggest that it's not doable:

just to confirm -- is sorting possible in character selection window?

i have prefixes in names -- e.g. 1pc-[name of pc1] and 1pc-[name of pc2], or 2npc-[name of npc5] and 2npc-[name of pc7] -- you get the idea.

it would be nice if it was sortable, and in my example, pc profiles get bumped to the top.

thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

PCs are sorted in the order they are created with the oldest at the top and newest at the bottom.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I know this has nothing to do with the post, but what are we going to do when Trenloe hits 25k posts? I think he deserves a tacky watch or something!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thread Information